cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

TV error 302

Hi. I am sure this code has been posted before. Why does it keep happening? I don't want TV via broadband connection as you can only watch one record one. Well, not me the missus! Last month I was away and she had the same problem. This has happened MANY times since we have been with BT TV. This is our second box and is no different to the old one.

I checked the signal via the Freeview site and there were no problems. So I connect TV cable to LG TV and yes a perfect picture. Whilst I was away my wife had to revert to our back method, which means Freesat via LG TV. Not great can't pause/record but a picture. I have several health issues and I am sick of disconnecting the box, trying to do a reset, and then still being faced with the same error code. When you call bt they just do  the box reset which at least saves me the trouble of plugging in which means dragging a full av rack out plug it in hold the button on side the press bt logo. I have quite had enough thank you.This should not be like this in 2025. I will have to mention Sky here as we were with them for years and NEVER had any problems. BT TV is no longer a cheap option I also subscribe to Netflix and Sky HD. Does anyone have any ideas? Box has been off now since 5pm, I just connected and same no picture so watching via tv again with no pause/record/ or watch stuff in my list. Do I have a right to cancel this service. Thanks for listening.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: TV error 302

@MitoMan 

At least add a male/female aerial cable from the YouView box to the TV so that when this happens you and your wife can switch to TV instantly.

Also, can you get some readings from Settings/TV Signal Quality, for the affected channels?

Thirdly, you aren’t by any chance in the Rowridge transmitter area? There has been quite a bit of trouble there over the last month, seemingly unreported officially, but with user reports from as far apart as Poole and Dorchester, that has forced us onto Freesat several times.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: TV error 302

Never helpful to only post half of an error code. If it's YVM302 then have a look here.

0 Ratings