cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: TV picture keeps jumping

Hi again, same problem with new bt tv box pro, picture still jumping.

One new thing I have tried, my bt box was plugged into hdmi 2 port on my tv, something in my mind was telling me it should be in hdmi 1, so I have swapped it over and so far all good.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Can anyone tell me what my bt tv box pro picture settings should be? I still have the picture stuttering or jumping problem, I have tried everything including a new box from bt, bt aren't sure what the settings should be. I have an lg ultra hd 4k tv. The best picture I can get with less stuttering is as below.

Hdmi - uhd 50fps 8bit

Hdmi frame rate matching - on

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Picture keeps stuttering with bt tv box pro

Can anyone tell me what my bt tv box pro picture settings should be? I still have the picture stuttering or jumping problem, I have tried everything including a new box from bt, bt aren't sure what the settings should be. I have an lg ultra hd 4k tv. The best picture I can get with less stuttering is as below.

Hdmi - uhd 50fps 8bit

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Picture keeps stuttering with bt tv box pro

Hdmi - uhd 50fps 8bit

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Re: Picture keeps stuttering with bt tv box pro

Please stop posting new threads on the same subject as just causes confusion. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

@Ian53wrote:

Hdmi - uhd 50fps 8bit

Thanks

There are 2 bugs with this box :

1. HDMI Frame rate matching. :  The box switches incorrectly to 60 hz when HDMI frame rate matching is on, causing stutter.  So leave HDMI frame rate matching off.

2. On live tv, most visible on  50hz content  the box seems to have some problem de-interlacing and can't keep up, or some such problem, so you get dropped frames every few minutes and the picture seems to jump.  It is most annoying when watching sports.  The only thing I have found to fix it is to live pause the picture for a few seconds and play from pause,  the dropped frames then disappear and don't happen.

I'm hoping Youview are aware of the problems and will fix it and some point, although it is impossible to get BT to acknowledge the bugs. 

Message 17 of 20

I have carried out a full factory reset about 22 hours ago and so far no further issues, I have now set my frame rate matching to off.
When you say live pause and then play from pause, do you not fast forward again to catch up?
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Pause for a few seconds so it is playing from the buffer rather than from live. That's what works for me.
Message 19 of 20

Expectingtofly have you tried a factory reset? not saying it fixes the problem but that's a full 24 hours since I did one, and no issues so far, and it was pretty regular with mine.

Screenshot_20220926_121713_com.android.chrome_edit_8611903899727.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Easy fix, turn of or on "HDMI frame rate matching".

All terrestrial TV is at 50HZ. The issue arises from Streaming apps that want to force 60hz. So the BT box doesn't switch back to 50HZ.

Its a constant battle with all devices not just the BT box. I either change from 60hz to 50hz or to 24 HZ depending on content and the problem goes away. The BT box doesn't show you the actual refresh rate. So just try on of off. 

0 Ratings