cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Updating My Bt humax box

Yeah they wanted me to return it but i won’t as you mentioned i had this for donkeys years so it’s mine. Please tell me how can i use this for 2nd room? That you

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

@MoE1 

Yes, but only one at a time on the EETV features like watching, recording, and playing back the extra channels from 300 upwards on the EPG.

I generally use my T4000 and T2110 as if I didn’t have EETV, though they can use the extra features.

If I’ve used them on one box (and now stopped), and then try to use them on a second box, it will ask me if I want to make this second box the ‘master’ box, or whatever they call it, and I just say Yes. It’s a very easy swap.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 13 of 31

I understand i can’t use both at the same time for bt subscription channels/apps but all i needed to use it for was connect to another tv and record normal freebie channels off and when needed. Is that possible? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 31

@Midnight_Voice   Would you happen to know if requesting a new box would trigger a contract renewal?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

@MoE1 

Yes, that’s fine to do.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 16 of 31

@WSH 

Yes, I believe that’s what BT would want, though you can always try negotiating not to.

Especially if your current box is showing signs of unreliability.

@MoE1 did you accept a new contract, or did you manage to avoid this?

Message 17 of 31

Thank you so much. Amazing advice. 
just an update. 
after talking to bt who agreed to send me a new box and i don’t know which model they’ll be sending, I remembered my 24mth contract with bt will be up in November so as I have an ee mobile and bt @& ee became one now I called ee customer care and asked them what options do I have with them. The guy said he can give me the same same package of broadband and tv i already have with bt at £10pm cheaper and he said he’ll send me a new bt home hub 6+ and a pro tv box and I can use 2 tv boxes in different rooms with all the functions in both rooms? I asked him to repeat himself to reconfirm this and he did but tbh I’ma little dubious about these quick talking sales reps who promise you the works for you to find out later nothing is as rosy as they made it seem to be. What do you think? Is it true to get both their pro and my existing box getting all functions individually?  Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

@MoE1 

Yes, you can use both boxes at once, full EE TV functionality.

And if he’s persuaded you to do that with your existing T2100, then he’s saved EE TV from having to supply you with a Box Mini as a second box😛

But the T2100 still has the edge over a Box Mini in that it can record, and it can pull in the full range of aerial channels, neither of which the Box Mini can do; though I daresay the Box Mini does the lesser range of things it can do a sight faster than the T2100 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

@MoE1 

Yes, you can use both boxes at once, full EE TV functionality on both, in terms of the extra channels in the EPG.

And if he’s persuaded you to do that with your existing T2100, then he’s saved EE TV from having to supply you with a Box Mini as a second box😛

But the T2100 still has the edge over a Box Mini in that it can record, and it can pull in the full range of aerial channels, neither of which the Box Mini can do; though I daresay the Box Mini does the lesser range of things it can do a sight faster than the T2100 🙂

Message 20 of 31

Ouch 😊 I  wonder if you have to specifically ask for the mini box or else comes as a standard bundle? In any case I still have the fully functional 2100 as you rightly pointed out it can do more than the mini anyways. Thanks again for all your valuable information👍🙏 cheers

0 Ratings