cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 230

Welcome to EE TV

WELCOME TO A WHOLE NEW WORLD OF ENTERTAINMENT.

BT TV is now EE TV, and it’s here to bring you all the entertainment and sport you know and love. And to welcome you properly, we’re offering three months’ free Apple TV+. Get access to award-winning Apple Original series and films with new premieres added every month.  

What’s changed?

The name and branding will now have changed on your TV screen, TV app and the TV Store, but you’ll still have everything you’d already set up, like your recordings. All your service and billing information will still be accessed via your My BT account.

Why has it changed?

BT and EE are coming together to create the UK’s no.1 broadband and mobile provider, bringing you unrivalled connectivity in and out of the home.

What’s next?

We’ll be back in touch soon with more info on the exciting possibilities for your broadband and TV service.

To access your three months’ free Apple TV+ offer,

1. Download the My BT app, or go to bt.com/mybt and log in
  2. Select ‘Your Products’, then ‘Manage TV and Sport’
  3. Apple TV+ is listed in the ‘Your monthly Extras’ section. Select Apple TV+ and follow the instructions to activate.

After you have added Apple TV+ to your account, you will also receive a text from us which contains an activation link. Using this link allows you to sign up or create an account directly with Apple. You can’t activate Apple TV+ via your TV Box Pro or TV Box Mini. You must activate this via My BT or the SMS activation link before signing into the app.

T&Cs: Best-in-class connectivity with the UK’s fastest major broadband provider and the UK’s best mobile network.

229 REPLIES 229
Message 2 of 230

EE TV

So I can see the tv has updated today to EE. Looks quite nice and really happy to see Apple TV app. Still no YouTube…. 
checked out the prices for EE TV with EE Broadband. All seem pretty similar to the current BT packages apart from broadband which has a few differences. I want to move over to EE broadband anyway but  I am thinking to stay with the EE PRO BOX over the Apple TV as I am massive fan of recording and pausing live tv. What’s everyone’s thoughts? 

Message 3 of 230

Re: Welcome to EE TV

Spoiler
The Help section of the EE player/Store on the BT TV Pro box  needs some attention whilst some changes have been made they are not all correct and several references to BT Player and BT TV remain.
Message 4 of 230

Like the new colour scheme and the removal of Rylan and Robbie. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 230

@zulu17 we're told that the box can potentially cache some content for a few hours after update, but I'll get that area specifically checked just to make sure.
Message 6 of 230

Hi, if I take the 3 months free Apple TV option does that tie me in for a minimum period ? Or can I remove it after 3 months ? Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 230

There is a revised/new Box Pro User guide published  - is this section really correct wrt recordings

EE TV APP
Once downloaded, you can log in to the app with your EE or BT ID to watch live and catch up content. You can also watch recordings and TV shows you’ve purchased, offline.

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/user-guides/tv-box-pro-user-guide.pdf

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 230

Definitely not @zulu17 - I'll get that updated too

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 230

@DarrenDevwrote:
@zulu17we're told that the box can potentially cache some content for a few hours after update, but I'll get that area specifically checked just to make sure.

Could that be why the EE TV squawker channel is still showing as BT TV in the guide? For me anyway.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 230

Great spot @zulu17 we're aware of those,  appear to be cache related but we're checking that all the assets are updated and see whether that clears up over night.

Thanks!

David