cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: What am I watching? (BBC Red Button HDR)

It makes a significant improvement, at least on my setup and if it serves as a go between 1080p and 2160p then I’d be happy with that….seeing as all these years later there are so few channels that offer live full UHD HDR content.

Every little helps when you’re watching football on a big tele, zoomed out angle, tiny white ball etc, 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

@naylor2006 The competition that shall not be named have good UHD coverage on the sports channels and a vast library of on demand content through their entertainment and movie packs. BT/EE are just being very lazy with it..  You're pretty much limited to the odd match on TNT Ultimate which is very poor given how expensive it is in comparison.

Even worse is that when I eventually handed in my notice the retention team seem to think that because the Pro Box is capable of UHD, all the channels are also UHD..

Message 23 of 26

@naylor2006wrote:

It’s night and day, I don’t have another device to try, can’t find the HDR feed on my ATV.

That’s because iPlayer on Apple TV is limited to 720p.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

I’m talking about EETV BBCONE HD compared to the red button HDR feed on EETV, which is night and day to me.

I just meant I can’t compare on the ATV as it’s not there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

@naylor2006wrote:

I just meant I can’t compare on the ATV as it’s not there.

I know, I was explaining why it isn’t there.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

Stupid really isn’t it, 4K ATV box and all.

0 Ratings