cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Wrong bbc region choices after scanning for channels when using ee tv in internet mode

When scanning for channels in internet mode, my EE TV Pro Box is offering me either the North East or North Yorkshire regions when in fact I'm in the North West (Merseyside). I've selected North Yorkshire for now.   However,  this is resulting in my regional BBC news channels being incorrect (Look North Yorkshire) instead of North West Tonight, but I appear to be getting the correct ITV regional news (ITV News Granada Reports).  Can anyone help? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wrong bbc region choices after scanning for channels when using ee tv in internet mode

Hi @somacho10 

The Pro box uses the aerial signal to determine TV region when connected.
When in IP mode, it uses the address associated with the IP address.

So as you are in IP mode it would be the IP address you are assigned  and the data held as to the location of that Ip address  that is determining your region or option of regions,

Until it is resolved (if it can)  you may be able to use the BBC iPlayer App on the Pro Box to view local news  programming  (eg North West Today /North West Tonight)  in  the app under Categories > News>Local News

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Re: Wrong bbc region choices after scanning for channels when using ee tv in internet mode

Thanks @zulu17.  I'm hoping someone (e.g. someone who works for BT/EE who reads forum messages) can advise whether the IP address associated with my account can be changed so that my Pro Box picks up the correct bbc region.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Try the channels in the 800's onward. The region you desire is probably there.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

@Hunter2660 there are some channels in the 800s but they are for the North East Region which is the other region I could select after scanning for channels.  I'm in Merseyside and don't have the option to select North West Region. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

It's not specifically the IP address - it's the postcode of the account associated with the line it's connected to, that is mapped to a TV region.
I'm a bit confused in your case @somacho10 as the TV subscription associated with your email address was closed last month, and that isn't associated with an address in the North West. If you have a different account then send me a DM with the account number and I'll check where it's mapped to.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @DarrenDev . I've just DM you as I'm messaging on the forum on behalf of someone else.  Hope you can help.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I have two boxes and both of them connected using internet mode. One of them is connected to the  ITV London region and the other to East Anglia. Strictly speaking the East Anglia box is actually nearer to that region by about 20 feet!

I'm amazed the geeks who developed this software are so clever and so very precise.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

That was down to user choice @Takahashi - when tuning, your box offered you a choice of 3 regions (London, East Anglia, Cambridgeshire & Bedfordshire).  On your TV Box Pro you selected London, and on your TV Box Mini you selected Cambridgeshire & Bedfordshire.

You can select TV Channels from the Settings menu to switch to one of the other regions.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

It gave me a choice with the main box but didn't with the mini. Not that bothered as I only use the mini to watch BT sport.

0 Ratings