cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 69

Re: Wrong itv region

Go to solution

@dnewitt1 I'm not sure why the HD icon doesn't always appear*, but it's irrelevant anyway.  When in aerial mode, you had SD and HD variants of the channels.  When selecting a programme, it would give you the choice to "Watch now" or "Watch now in HD" when both channels were available.

In internet mode, there's no choice - only 1 quality is broadcast per channel.  For some channels, this is HD.  For some it's SD. For a few, it's somewhere in between (depending on the signal origin).

* there does appear to be a minor UI bug here, as I can see that the icon sometimes appears and sometimes doesn't for exactly the same programme

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 69

Go to solution

@dnewitt1wrote:

Hi,

I am using my bt pro box through internet rather than aerial,

I also receive a different region of my local itv news (meridian instead of anglia) guess this is because anglia is broadcast in sd?

on another note all of the ITVHD channels do not show the HD icon saying it is being broadcast in hd when I click on info?

although the other hd channels do show this, any help appreciated.

thanks in advance.

@dnewitt1 A little tip here. If you go into settings and Update Channels you will be given the option in a dropdown list to change your "transmitter", (ie here in the West Country we have the options "West, Southwest, Wales). Select your preferred region to get the local news of your choice in HD on channels 1 & 3.

Message 43 of 69

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply  @DarrenDev ,

Apologies, So just to be clear, although the channel is labelled  as a hd channel,

Some shows may not be broadcast in hd on that channel?  Example: itv news at 10 on itv hd does not show the hd icon,

however bbc news at 10 on bbc 1 hd does show the hd icon.

or am I wrong and everything on the channels Labelled a hd channel, are in hd regardless of the hd icon only showing on certain shows?

hope that makes sense

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 69

Go to solution
That’s great,
Thanks for the tip 👍.
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 69

Go to solution
Can I ask why it matters @dnewitt1 ?
It may be possible for me to trace through all the (very busy) support teams to find out what is happening, however it wouldn't change anything - you only have a single option in IP mode, which is the highest quality possible. We don't offer SD/HD alternatives.
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 69

Go to solution

Hi @DarrenDev 

no biggie, just curious that’s all.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 69

Go to solution

hi

has the problem in central scotland been fixed

i installed my mums pro box on thursday in ip mode but she is still getting itv instead of stv

have tried resetting the box 

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 69

Go to solution
The Central Scotland issue lasted a couple of days - long since fixed.
What was your mum's activation date @watttwo?
0 Ratings
Message 49 of 69

Go to solution

hi darren

21 september

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 69

Go to solution
OK, it should have corrected by now then.

Could you please email me at tv.apps@bt.com with your mum's account number and I'll check why it's not picking up the correct region.
0 Ratings