cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

YOUVIEW BOX DTR-T2100

My youview box DTR-T2100.I've seen questions related to the box feezing but for mine this is new.Mine has been freezing off & on for a long time but i've followed suggestions on here & fixed it for a while before it acts up again.It  stopped working again yesterday & i can't get it to work again .The difference this time is that i get the WAKING UP MESSAGE & it goes through the loading process etc. & nothing happens,it reverts back to WAKING UP goes through loading again & reverts back.Could this mean that it's finally packed in for good.If so what are my options.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: YOUVIEW BOX DTR-T2100

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Mine did the same recently.  Not got round to rebuilding it yet but things I’ve seen on the internet suggest it’s auto-setup when you put a new drive in.  Mine is a Seagate ST500VT000.  Same drive is on Amazon at £12.  Can’t post a link as it’s against forum rules.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@Cliff 

I have the same box, bought retail from John Lewis many years ago, not on any TV contract.

Occasionally it will lock up, and a restart fixes it, provided it still has an Internet connection, as it seems to need that when it restarts.

It can take quite a while for the "Waking Up" message to go, but I am only on a 9Mb ADSL connection.

Branding changed from BT to EE recently.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I'll just add that with good computer experience it is possible to transfer existing recordings over to the new drive providing that it's still functioning.

Not for the faint hearted though.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@TimCurtis 

What sort of problem would necessitate changing the disc if the old disc was still working?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@Midnight_Voice 

Intermittent disc issues or replacing a 500GB with a 1TB drive for example.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

"If" the disk is still working.  I've had mine in use for 8 years and I'm used to its flakey startup.  This is new behaviour, the same as the OP.  Many years as a tech suggests to me the disk is toast but I'll admit I haven't had it out and tested it.   8 years is actually pretty good for a spinny-rust.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@Midnight_Voice 

Regarding message 6.

When the boot sector fails but the data storage area is still readable.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi Keith.

I've  had my box for about 8 years  can't remember exactly,but a long time.I'm out of contract at thr moment but i get my broadband through BT,HUB 2 & youview box of course.I have bt/ee sport,which  obviously i can't get now.My understanding is that i  do not have to return the box,if for instance BT were to offer to replace it.

I feel, having watched the video of the disc being replaced that i could do that but i don't want to be messing about doing that if BT say i have to return the box.

My thanks to all who have responded,i appreciate it.

0 Ratings