cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

box - internet connection

Go to solution

Generally had very few issue with youview box  box lost connection to the internet. I have been trying everything I can think of since then to try and re-establish the connection with no luck. have gone through error code procedures etc  with no success.

I've tried resetting the router, resetting the box, checking the cable connections to the back of the box, to the router and to the powerline adapters, switching the powerline adapters off and on again,  the ethernet cable directly from my router to the YouView box to see if it was a problem with the powerline adapters, but that didn't connect either. It says connecting to the router, then connecting to the internet, but falls down at this point. Wi-Fi is working perfectly on all other devices. I'm at a loss as to what to try next and I'm not sure what has happened in the past few days for it to suddenly stop working  Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: box - internet connection

Go to solution

Hi @mpf welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you're BT TV box is no longer connecting to the internet.

Have you tried a factory reset on the box yet? If you haven't I'd recommend giving that a go ensuring to choose the option to keep your recordings. Post back and let me know if that works.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
thank you for your advise
yeah reset was really the last resort knowing Id lose recorded programs but this didn't resolve the connection issue either.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @mpf Thanks for confirming that, it sounds like the TV box is faulty. We'll be able to organise a replacement box for you if you have a BT TV subscription and I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

A replacement TV box has resolved this issue.

Thanks

Neil