cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

change to contract

Go to solution

ok

I want to know the legality of changing my supplier without my approval or what was in the T&C that allows the change of supplier, and as such do i have a right to cancel my contract as the supplier of TV is no longer BT - i have ethical reasons to not use EE and causes a conflict in a professional sense as well

Can someone tell me how i can cancel myt contract with £0 charges as the original contract i had signed has been broken?

because reading the contract i dont see anything obvious that states you can change my supplier without my approval and in fact under clause 

(i) because we have broken a significant term of the agreement;

(ii) under clause 31a, after we have moved you to another TV packageor
or 
ii. we've changed the service, the charges (other than core charges, the charge for an additional service or a one-off charge) in a way that significantly disadvantages you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: change to contract

Go to solution

the only thing that has change for you is the name not your contract - BTTV is now EETV and does not give cause for free cancellation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: change to contract

Go to solution
I'll add my response from the other thread here as well, for clarity:

BT, EE and even Plusnet are all brands that are operated by the Consumer division of BT Group plc (for almost 8 years for EE). You continue to be a BT customer who will be billed by BT, and it is your decision as to whether you move over to one of the new packages offered by EE or choose to stay with BT. The complexity here is that our TV service is now sold by both BT and EE, but can only carry one of the two brands - and it has been decided that moving forward it should be called EE TV rather than BT TV.