cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Appalling BT Customer Service

Go to solution

I have contacted BT customer service on 5 separate days since 21st July 24 to say that I have been unable to access my BT email account and that some important emails have  been  inexplicably deleted. Each time I receive empty promises that they will look into it and each time they have failed to  get back to me.  I am at a loss as to what I should do next and who I should contact.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Appalling BT Customer Service

Go to solution

Perhaps a silly question but if you are unable to access your account how do you know that emails have been deleted?

If you can access your email account it may be that the emails are not deleted but they are hidden because of "Conversation View"

To make sure that the "Conversation" View is not active log onto your BTMail account and click on "View" in the menu bar at the right hand side. Scroll down and Single click "conversation view" to toggle it on or off.

When it is on the name "Conversion View" will appear as blue coloured and when off it will show as grey.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I first contacted BT having noticed missing emails.  The tech guide suggested I change my password and that is when it all went wrong.  The system will not let me pass the "captcha" link - when I click "not a robot" instead of tiles  I get thrown right back to "Captcha" click box.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I have no idea why the Customer Service rep told you to change your password in order to "bring back" your missing emails. If he suspected your account may have been hacked then fair enough but if he never mentioned that I suspect he did not have a clue how to assist you and just wanted you off the phone.

What method are you using to change your email password?

Is it via your MyBT > Your Products > Email, Manage > select the email account and click on "See Options" button?

or are you using the "Forgot log in details" on the BTMail log on page?

If neither of the above how are you doing it?

If you are using the forgotten logon details can you try using the method through your MyBT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I have tried both of these methods and  they both take me to "BT Login" which of course does not help as I cannot change my password to get access. Tech guide asked me to change browser and use Microsoft Edge instead of  Google Chrome but it made no difference.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Try contacting the email help desk via the "Message Now" button in the following link.

They should be able to reset your email password for you.

Fix email | BT Help

If that does not resolve the problem post back to see if there is something further that can be suggested.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I did what you suggested they told me to clear all cookies on Microsoft Edge. I have already been through all of this on previous calls without success but I did it again anyway. When I went back to the tech guide my chat had timed out after only 15 minutes and requested I start a new conversation. Can't go through all that again with probably a different guide. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

In view of the fact you have tried many times to get assistance from the BT Customer Service reps without any useful help I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you for your time and patience.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@billhenderson70 I'm very sorry about the problems you've had with your BT email. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Neil

0 Ratings