cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Email account has been deleted

Go to solution

i was unable to access my email 2 weeks ago via iPhone mail app, thought it was a bit strange at the time but didn't think anything of it, got home later that day and still nothing and also mail had stopped flowing to mail app on home pc.

Tried to access via web and get a red banner saying no email account you are not logged in, go back to the logon page then it just keeps looping round.

called up BT and it turns out my account has been mistakenly deleted without any reason and explanation. 

i have spoken to 3 people now who advised it has been escalated to the offline team, then to complex team but having been 14 days with no access it is starting to become very frustrating as i use email daily and also reference back to many emails. 

is there anyone on here who can help push this along please? 

thank you all.

Jamie

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Email account has been deleted

Go to solution

There is nothing that forum members will be able to do to help you but I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Jamie11 sorry that your email account has been deleted. Was your email address linked to an active BT Broadband account or did you have the Premium Mail service at £7.50 per month?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi John,  i have an Active BT broadband and Landline account. 

my email still works to log into MY BT  but just no email access.

when i spoke to the advisor he did confirm it has been mistakenly deleted by BT and would need to pass this over to another team but it has been over 2 weeks now.  

have you seen this before?, if so just some rough eta on how long this takes to resolve.

thanks

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Jamie11, thanks for that additional information. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to chase this up for you.

Cheers

John

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2  thank you very much for pushing this along, email account has now been recovered. It was due to a compromised account .  The guys from the Newcastle support team were very helpful.

thanks again.

Jamie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Jamie11, thanks for the update and great news that the team has got you back into your account. 

Cheers

John