cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Email not working on iOS Mail or Outlook Mail Apps

Go to solution

Hello - 👋 

A few weeks ago BT email stopped working on my iPhone Mail app and I’m not sure why. I deleted it, then added it back using my correct password, and it still didn’t work. 
I then went to see if it was an email or an App problem by trying to add it to Outlook Mail app and it still didn’t work, so I think something is wrong with the email. I changed my password just now and tried again, no luck. 

I’m not sure if this has something to do with 2FA but I only set that up after the email stopped working. 

this is the error I get - attached picture  

any help appreciated thanks! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Email not working on iOS Mail or Outlook Mail Apps

Go to solution

Are you presently a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

If neither of the above your email account may have been downgraded to a BTMail Basic account which can not be used with an email client

See link
https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

Does your BTMail account work as expected if you are using webmail (using a web browser) rather than using an email app?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you. This is the answer. I did not know about this change. 

I was looking for an excuse to stop using BT Mail and have finally found it so thank god. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem. My emails, I have a few different BT emails set up and they have all suddenly stopped working on my iPhone, iPad and via Outlook. I have just phoned BT, waited for about 25 minutes, and spoken to someone called Liam who was incredibly rude and dismissive. He said it is nothing whatsoever to do with BT and that it is a Microsoft problem and that I need to speak to them!

However, it seems strange that I am not the only one with similar problems!

Can someone please give me the correct settings for BT mail via Outlook as I have now tried more than one, because I am getting conflicting answers when searching for them. (Outlook sends me a test message telling me that the settings are okay but they're still not sending and receiving properly)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you, I think it’s working now. However still seems a bit ‘ploddy’, I actually deleted the email address from my iPhone having the most problems and added it back. One other email address still seems a bit slow.

0 Ratings