Thanks, yes, it is Standard...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Re: BT Mail stopped syncing with apple devices

Interesting, I'll have a go...

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

No, this hasn't worked. It's causing me a lot of inconvenience and missed messages. 😓

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

I too have an iphone and whilst no comfort can confirm my BT Mail app is syncing OK. I suggest you call BT.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Thanks Tim

I tried that, they say they don't provide support for apple devices... I feel a complaint coming on, if BT email won't work with apple devices that's a lot of customers...

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

BT email does work with Apple devices. Not sure what your complaint will consist of, BT cannot possibly offer support for products they are not responsible for.

Despite your MyBT showing the account to be 'standard', did you ask if your account had inadvertently been downgraded to 'basic'?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Hi Felly55,

I have also had the same problem for over a week now. I have had two long chats with Apple who said it was a problem at BT’s end. I then spoke twice to BT. They haven’t sorted the problem either.

I receive emails okay on my Apple devices (iPhone & IPads), but if I delete or send emails it does not sync between devices. I deleted my email account and re-added it, but found that I lost some important emails I sent. I have not deleted them, so goodness knows how they disappeared. And the emails I just deleted on one device are still showing on the other device.

All the software  is updated. It is very frustrating. I hope it rights itself soon.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

This problem still happens.

I spent 2 hours trying to solve this for my mother.

Using her email credentials

- ipad devices can send and receive

- outlook (on my pc) can send and receive

- mac mail (on her imac) can log into imap servers, but not into the SMTP servers.

- There's confusing advice/guidance out there about whether to use port 26, port 465 or port 587.

Port 26 doesn't respond, that's a blind alley.

Port 465 speaks proper TLS i.e

[root@cracker ~]# openssl s_client -connect mail.btinternet.com:465
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = US, O = DigiCert Inc, OU = www.digicert.com, CN = DigiCert Global Root G2
verify return:1
depth=1 C = US, O = DigiCert Inc, CN = DigiCert Global G2 TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1
depth=0 C = GB, L = LONDON, O = British Telecommunications plc, CN = mail.btinternet.com

Port 587 speaks unencrypted i.e

[root@cracker ~]# telnet mail.btinternet.com 587
Trying 65.20.50.93...
Connected to mail.btinternet.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 btprdrgo003.btinternet.com ESMTP Service ready
^]
telnet>

She's up and running using her imac, but BT need to debug what's happening with the mac mail client and provide comprehensive guidance on the issue. If they are capable of such a thing.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

There is no confusing advice, BT  official advice is that port465 is the correct port. Not sure why you think it is a BT problem when all other devices work ok.

I'm sure there are countless users out there using Mac Mail satisfactorily. The forum would be inundated if not.

Make sure only plain password authentication is selected.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Clearly mail clients can be used with BT mail and BT publish the required settings. However, they do not offer support for clients.

0 Ratings