cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT WebMail was down again...yawn...

Once again, BT WebMail was down from 8pm to after 11pm. Not only WebMail, but every web site containing 'BT' in the URL. So ironically you couldn't even check the BT service indicator LOL It's all back up and running, but wouldn't it be nice, just for once, if BT could not only apologise, but let us know why such an outage occurs??

BT WebMail fault.jpg

Down DetectorDown Detector

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT WebMail was down again...yawn...

Hi @Stephen5000 

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have access to your webmail for a short while. I've had a look and cannot see any planned work or recognised outages on our side that day.

I'm glad it's working again for you. Please let us know if this happens again.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Christopher_Gwrote:

Hi Chris, that's interesting. At the time it was 'down' I tried numerous browsers, Chrome, Bravo, Edge, and they all returned fault messages. In addition, I also tried using my Android phone, which again returned a fault message.

Not just WebMail, but any address having 'BT' in it's URL returned an error. Even trying to connect to this forum returned an error.

If there is no record of a fault at your end, have you any idea what the cause may have been, and more importantly, can you suggest a fix as this isn't the 1st time I have experienced such an error...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

No, I don't know exactly what caused this problem for you, @Stephen5000 

Do you know the exact error message(s) that appeared?

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Christopher_Gwrote:

No, I don't know exactly what caused this problem for you, @Stephen5000 

Do you know the exact error message(s) that appeared?

Chris

Funnily enough I do 😂 Scan your eyes up to my original 1st post...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Was it the same or a similar error message on every device that you tried, @Stephen5000?

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Christopher_Gwrote:

Was it the same or a similar error message on every device that you tried, @Stephen5000?

Chris

It was a 'similar' message, obviously the other browsers I tried didn't mention, 'FireFox', and I also tried DuckDuckGo on Anbdroid which issued a could not connect type error...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

OK, thanks @Stephen5000 

Those types of errors seem to point to a connection type issue, but it is definitely strange that it was only happening with the BT URLs.

I've had a look through the email board and can't see any other users who reported it around the same time.

I hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does, it would be great if you could provide us with the exact error messages from the different browsers/devices. It'll help us decipher what the issue could be and we can raise it with our support teams to investigate further.

Chris