cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 471 of 504

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Thank you for the confirmation.

0 Ratings
Message 472 of 504

@Stephen5000 and @mcleanv2 - regarding message 468 

Have a look at message 352 on this thread, there are a number of users reporting being forcibly and randomly signed out/logged off,  but so far (to my knowledge) BT have not acknowledged it. 

I don't think even the most knowledgeable of the experts on this site knows how to stay signed in to BT webmail, especially when the problem doesn't affect everyone. 

Message 473 of 504

@PeterE17wrote:

@Stephen5000 and @mcleanv2 - regarding message 468 

Have a look at message 352 on this thread...

This thread is already unwieldy at 46 pages LOL No one will be reading further back than maybe 2 pages from current. Ideally, as it involves such similar feedback, it should be restarted in the form of a multiple choice of 10 x similar faults with a tick box so you can enter what you are experiencing, and if not in the 10, then start a new thread.

Sadly, this thread has simply lost direction, and more importantly, it's potency to enact any change...

Message 474 of 504

I'm fed up with seeing them in my inbox. However, if BT Mail got sorted out, there wouldn't have to be these posts!!
Message 475 of 504

@wendylois wrote:
I'm fed up with seeing them in my inbox. However, if BT Mail got sorted out, there wouldn't have to be these posts!!

If you do not want to receive notifications when there is a new post on a particular thread such as this one you can  "unsubscribe" from the thread by clicking on the three dots as per this picture

Unsubscribe.JPG

or if you do not want notifications regarding all the threads you have posted on go to your settings by clicking on your avatar at the top right and go to "Subscriptions and Bookmarks" then "Notification Settings" and select the setting you want regarding "Email Notifications".

0 Ratings
Message 476 of 504

Hello

My most significant problem is still trying to compose a message or reply in a 3-line letterbox-style screen, which is causing me significant and expensive communication problems. And still typefaces changing size, cursor wandering, and extremely slow response to my typed text appearing.

Web version: MX_3.6.0#/mail

Browser:  Firefox 127.02 (64 bit)

Windows:  22H2 (OS build 19045.4529

I hope you can help soon to restore my sanity or to prevent it disappearing further.

Many thanks

Message 477 of 504

You would have no problems whatsoever if only you used a free mail client instead of webmail.

Both Thunderbird and EmClient take minutes to download, set up and use.

I really cannot understand the reluctance of folks to try one.

0 Ratings
Message 478 of 504

@licquorice I use Outlook, but I also like to check via BT Webmail what emails have either gone straight to spam or have been filtered and sent to a special folder I have set up for review (usually for email addresses ending in gmail etc., as I do receive a few genuine emails from those domains as well as spam) before downloading anything to Outlook.

Message 479 of 504

@licquoricewrote:

Both Thunderbird and EmClient take minutes to download, set up and use.

I really cannot understand the reluctance of folks to try one.

I can, fear of what can go wrong, inexperience with computers/emails and if it does go wrong, how to revert to back to where you were to begin with.

Kinda like changing a wheel on a car. It was the 1st thing my mum taught me over 40 years ago before I even had one driving lesson. I was taught properly, and safely, yet I know people even now who the very thought of such a simple task terrifies them.

If you were brought up on IT, using an email client is probably second nature. However, the rest of us spend hours sorting out the most trivial faults, even on being told to clear out the cache/cookies, will look at you wondering what the hell are those, and how do I do it. (We can just about manage the turn off/turn on advice!)

Since using windows 3.1, there has always been a secret language of problem solving, which to be fair, if it just worked, there would be no need of 'forums' to sort anything out.

'IT' is highly overrated on it's supposed simplicity - it's not in the least simple, and many who do not spend their days using it from morning to night, just dip into it when they need, and just keep their fingers crossed it does what they want, which often it doesn't.

Over the years I have helped many people change a wheel, and get their car started on a winters morning when it won't start. I watched a neighbour years ago connecting up 'simple' jump leads incorrectly before I stepped in & showed the correct way. Those with knowledge always think it's 'simple', those without, often are bamboozled by it...

Message 480 of 504

@Stephen5000   Your post above is exactly right!