cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 431 of 450

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

@JordanTA Can you confirm if the jumping cursor fix will be on the next update? This is making it very difficult to write emails of a decent length.

The search is getting increasingly more difficult to use.

Message 432 of 450

@JordanTA - thank you for the information. Fortunately cursor jump is one thing that seems to have been resolved for me however like many users on here I still have a lot of the various glitches already mentioned. The biggest issue for me is complete loss of formatting of original message when replying or forwarding an email (using rich text). I can only use plain text now for forwarding and replying . Only started following original migration in February and still a major issue in July!?

example below using text from @JordanTA 's post when pasted into an email:-

------ Original Message ------ From: Sent: Tuesday, July 2nd 2024, 11:02 Subject: Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release) Hi, morning all The email team released update version UX3.6 on 26th June to accounts that have already been migrated to new version of webmail. This update includes the following fixes: The description for Teams invites showed as plain text instead of HTMLIt was not possible to expand subfolders when moving emails within the Touch User interfaceUnable to delete emails in External accountsIf you still have any issues or problems please reply with: A detailed description of your issueThe browser type and version you're usingThe operating system you're usingThe version of webmail you're currently on - this will be displayed in the URL in the address bar (the new version will show 3.6.0 and old version 3.5.0)  The email team are regularly reviewing this thread and will be logging any new issues for investigation following this latest release. We appreciate this isn't a massive update, but we are still working through several updates that are currently under review. We hope to have another update for you ASAP.  Thanks Jordan

I'm using Chrome browser

Windows 11

webmail 3.6

0 Ratings
Message 433 of 450

Hello @JordanTA , Thank you for the update and reassurance that your team are working on the various issues.

My only real issue is the inability to reduce the width of the left-hand pane which, it seems to me, takes a lot of unnecessary space. It can be dragged left and right to some extent but the position is not remembered for next time. The old version didn't remember the width either but the default width was much narrower which for me was fine.

I realise that the wider default width might actually be better for some if they've created sub-folders with long folder names and many sub-trees which indent to the right. But my folders names are quite short at no more than about 15 characters so I see a lot of white space. Therefore, ideally, users should be able to change the width (within, of course, some minimum and maximum) and have the width remembered for the next time they log in in the same way as the default font size is remembered.

An acquaintance of mine uses a small 10" notebook PC where the empty white space is even more noticeable due the the restricted overall display width.

I appreciate that this is not really a bug but I think it would be a great little enhancement.

Webmail Version: MX_3.6.0#/mail.
Browser: Firefox, Chrome, Edge - all latest versions.

Message 434 of 450

Hey @adam101 

Unfortunately, I can’t make any guarantees that the cursor issue will be fixed. I do know it’s on the list, but not that it will definitely be fixed in the next update. If I get any information to say otherwise I'll pop a reply in. 

0 Ratings
Message 435 of 450

BT email buffering when responding to messages

Since the new format of BT mail appeared on my laptop a few weeks ago, I've found that if I'm replying to an email, especially if there's a long thread of messages, it keeps buffering, then starts putting the next thing I type right at the beginning of my message. I'm constantly having to correct this. Is this a known issue, and if so, what is the solution? Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 436 of 450

With all these complaints about the new interface, I think the development team deserve some good news.
In my view, the new system is in almost every way better. My only real complaint is that it was introduced with no warning. Changes to user experience should always be signalled in advance.
Particular improvements I have noticed:
1. Unless the subject line is very long, the menu displays the first few words of the e-mail. Very useful with my regular correspondent who sends all her e-mails with the same short one-word subject.
2. While reading an item, instead of just the arrows to go up or down to the next mail, the subject+first words of the two are displayed.
3. If several incoming mails are in a single thread, and I need to reply to other than the first, 'Send' no longer locks up the whole system. Formerly, I had to remember to discard+save my reply, and revive the mail from 'Drafts'. Otherwise, F5 was the only (and undocumented) way to restart.
4. 'Delete' of a item I am reading doesn't take me back to the menu, but on to the next item. And 'delete' of a mail or several menu lines is infinitely faster than it used to be.
5. The inbox menu usually updates itself without me having to refresh it.
6. Unlike others in this thread, I don't have a problem with the cursor moving without warning. I am using Windows 10 + Opera.
Minor complaints:
1. In the left of each item of the menu, there is a coloured box with the initials of the name in column 2. Pointless.
2. Sometimes, after looking at an item, on return to the menu it has acquired a tick. Why? If I go on to delete some incoming junk, I can delete this item too by accident.

So there you are. A lot of things better, for someone who has been using e-mail and its predecessors for 50 years.

0 Ratings
Message 437 of 450

Re: BT email buffering when responding to messages

@GrahamHolliday wrote:

Since the new format of BT mail appeared on my laptop a few weeks ago, I've found that if I'm replying to an email, especially if there's a long thread of messages, it keeps buffering, then starts putting the next thing I type right at the beginning of my message. I'm constantly having to correct this. Is this a known issue, and if so, what is the solution? Many thanks

Yes it is a known issue and BT are apparently working on a fix. There is as yet no solution to this other than write your email in Word or some other word processor and cut and paste it into your email.

0 Ratings
Message 438 of 450

@awhakim wrote:

Minor complaints:
1. In the left of each item of the menu, there is a coloured box with the initials of the name in column 2. Pointless.
2. Sometimes, after looking at an item, on return to the menu it has acquired a tick. Why? If I go on to delete some incoming junk, I can delete this item too by accident.

You can turn off the "coloured" squares by going into the settings found by clicking on your username at the top right then click on settings then Mail in the left hand column then untick the box "show avatar in the message list".

To stop the next email being selected when moving or deleting an email go to the settings found by clicking on your user name at the top right then go to “Mail” in the left hand column. Then in the General Settings untick the box “View next mail after delete/move”. Then click “Save”.

Message 439 of 450

Hi @JordanTA 

Would it be possible to have a list of what is being worked on? I have reported issues more than once and am hoping they are on your list.

I am still having problems with moving mail to sub folders, the imposed tick causing email to move with others when I don't untick it, jumping text in emails...

Thanks 

Message 440 of 450

Re: BT email buffering when responding to messages

Many thanks - very helpful. 

0 Ratings