cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 281 of 406

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

I have experienced the same problem and they seem to have gone for good. I have also had some emails dissapear after i have opened them , not deleted them , but they were not there when I ewas ready to prepare a reply. I wish "thigs could only get better" but the opposite is true!

0 Ratings
Message 282 of 406

Hi

I have had the same issue repeatedly. I used the mail search facility - all folders with the appropriate date range which located them and then moved them to the right folder. 

I have reported the issue (more than once) of not being able to move mail to a folder/sub folder - no response from moderators though.

0 Ratings
Message 283 of 406

I’ve been having the same problems as many people here when trying to type emails in webmail. Spent far too long with online help but they did suggest that it was an issue with browser plugins. I asked if there was a new plugin. No reply but they did suggest clearing my browser’s cache. That did make a considerable difference as the cursor only once jumped back to the beginning. At that time online help cut me off. So annoying.

0 Ratings
Message 284 of 406

Using Firefox on Windows 10, I have no trouble selecting bunches of e-mails and dragging them to a folder of my choice or using the "Move to" drop-down menu. In fact, I'm frequently doing this for e-mails related to this very forum where I have an Inbox sub-folder for them.

This type of problem (along with jumping cursors) appears to be difficult for the developers to pin down or replicate.

It may help them if we can specify our platform e.g., Windows, MacOS, Android, iPhone and, if known, which browser is being used such as Chrome or Firefox.

0 Ratings
Message 285 of 406

They Closed My Complaint - I Still Have a Complaint !

Anyone any clues how to ACTUALLY get in touch with these lying thieves?  Just got an email saying they've closed my complaint. I still have a complaint!!  They've given me a phone number call if I have queries . BUT WITH NO OPTION TO TALK ABOUT ONGOING EMAIL ISSUES. 

My emails have been screwed since the alleged 'upgrade', earlier in the year.  Some poor Call Centre person, with mostly the technical knowledge of a spoon, calls every week to tell me about the latest 'fix' - which fixes sod all. 

I am so fed up with this

Message 286 of 406

Latest issue for me with the 'new' email system. Over the last couple of days; a draft email from 30th April suddenly reappeared in the draft folder and one email in my inbox, also from 30th April, started showing as unread.

Also still have the random word wrapping issue on some new emails.

37 spam emails in the last 24 hours

WTF is going on? This is all starting to look and feel like the Post Office Horizon system!

Message 287 of 406

And just now I'm getting this message:

Davek100_0-1717309696633.png

Makes me think of breweries and arranging **bleep**-ups

Message 288 of 406

I don't think it's productive or helpful @Bettje to accuse the BT software developers of being thieves (what have they stolen from you?) and telling lies, both of which accusations could be consider libellous by the way.

Also you've not specified what it is you're unhappy about. To use the word 'screwed' conveys no information.

There are a lot of people on this forum who may be able to assist you or at the very least a polite description of your problems along with which web browser and platform (e.g., Windows, iPhone, Android or whatever) you're using may help the developers as they strive to improve the service.

Rather than using the BT webmail interface (which you obviously deeply dislike) considerer using a client app such as the native Mail apps on smart phones or Thunderbird or eM Client for Windows and Apple PCs.

Message 289 of 406

Hi there @ShaunOM . You got me. Yes, I wrote in anger and frustration. The tone not polite.  And the message not clear. 

I'm sorry if it's not obvious that the 'thieves' of which I spoke are BT, the company. They take money every month for a service that as been a problem since the alleged upgrade.  For me, at around the end of January. Both email and some seemingly unfixable Wifi (dropout) issues. I have become quite friendly with the Openreach guys. 

I have posted here before with details of the issues and had responses.

Someone from the 'complaints' department phones quite often to ask how things are going  (9 times in May). They then tell me ...'the issues are known and there is another rollout coming'.    Some of these people have been lovely, polite, helpful and 2 of them offered really good fixes for small things. Some of them are just plain rude.  

The last couple (one nice, one nasty) suggested the 'glitching/juddering' issue, may be caused by an overfull Inbox. So am deleting.

But I STILL have the issue of emails going back to the beginning and over writing. Plus wacky changes in font - making it look like I'm writing a ransom note. I told the last person about the ongoing issues.....was assured this was still being worked on for the next rollout ....THEN get an email saying the case is closed.  A phone number is offered to contact. There is no option for email issues. I have the email.support address. Have written.      

I did get an actual print letter alerting me to the Ombudsman, so will start that procedure now. 

Thank you for your comments.

Message 290 of 406

@Bettje 

When you first posted on the forum about the new BTMail UI on a web browser in February it was suggested that you should consider using an email client/app on your devices and thus negating the need to use the BTMail web page.

You seemed receptive to that suggestion and apparently did some of your own research on their use.

Going by your recent posts I take it you never followed through on that suggestion and would rather continue using a defective method of accessing your email in the hope that BT will eventually fix their webpage at some point in the future.

There are many users who have started using email clients/apps since this debacle started and as far as I am aware none of them have reported that they don't like them and have moved back to using only a web browser (webmail).