cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 271 of 406

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

You are the lucky one. I am using Win 11 and Firefox and have all these problems and more.

0 Ratings
Message 272 of 406

as newly "updated" they won't have read it because they are experiencing the problems for the first time - they now know they share the same unfixed problems that those of us posting have been experiencing for some months now!
Message 273 of 406

Then the developers have a difficult problem.

I've just tried both scenarios: Chrome on Windows 7 and Edge on Windows 11. (Previously I've tested Edge, Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10 with no problems).

In both cases I've typed lots of text allowing some lines to word-wrap at the end of the line and for others forcing a new line. I've then left them alone for 5 or 10 minutes to observe any strange behaviour and it all looks fine. No jumping cursors or anything else unusual.

There must be some other elusive variables at play here!

0 Ratings
Message 274 of 406

Please check what you see in the address bar at the top of your browser page.

It should start 'email.bt.com/mail/', but it's the end of the line that's interesting.

Most of the people posting here (including me) will see 'v=ci-MX_3.5.0': but not everyone is being switched over at the same time. If you see a smaller number, these delights are still in store for you.

0 Ratings
Message 275 of 406

I do wish people would either attribute their comments to a poster using the @ function or quote the post they are replying to.

Message 276 of 406

Hi@RichardHaselgrove , re: message 269, I was moved to version 3.2.1 a couple of months ago and I'm now at v=ci-MX_3.5.0#/mail.

0 Ratings
Message 277 of 406

Re: New Email Format

Having a nightmare with the new email format.

Cursor keeps randomly jumping back to the start of the message - have kept typing before you realise and taking an age to keep correcting the mess.

If you select an email to move to another folder or delete (say), once the task is completed the next email will be selected and you need to be careful to unselect it otherwise it will unwittingly be included in subsequent actions. 

Finding the font size/format very poor.

The last change removed so many good features, this change is a further downgrade. Who signs this off?

Message 278 of 406

(Duplicate of a separate post I made before discovering this one)

I was moved to the new webmail setup earlier this week.

Yesterday I moved a load of work emails from the inbox to their relevant folder, and when I went to check them just now they are not there. I checked neighbouring folders as the drop-down cursoring for choosing the new folders was a little imprecise as the font is so small (and a couple of times the drop down disappeared before I'd made my choice). Nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions how I might find them please? Or are they likely to be gone for good? I assume their disappearance is something to do with the new email setup being not finetuned yet.

Chrome version 125.0.6422.113; Windows 11; webmail 3.5.0

0 Ratings
Message 279 of 406

Re: New Email Format

@maskellman wrote:

If you select an email to move to another folder or delete (say), once the task is completed the next email will be selected and you need to be careful to unselect it otherwise it will unwittingly be included in subsequent actions. Click on your username at the right hand side then go into settings and then go to Mail on the left hand side and untick the box"view mail after delete/move".

The best thing to resolve all the issues is to download and use an email client such as Thunderbird or eM Client to access your email instead of using a web browser(webmail) and all you problems will vanish.

0 Ratings
Message 280 of 406

Liqurice in response to your reply

quote.

Oh, you mean every website owner should ask you before they change their website.

in response to my reply

The point of concern is it changed without user input.

your comment.

No, but I guess you haven't read

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-Webmail-Work-Arounds/td-p/2353424

0 Ratings