cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 311 of 406

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

@IMacDwrote:

You're correct in that you no longer get the option to 'remain logged in'. However, I regularly stay logged in for 12+hours without issue. Maybe you don't need the option any longer?

0 Ratings
Message 312 of 406

Monday morning on the road, and I log into email over breakfast in the  hotel. No problem logging in, but ... the service is having 'issues'. I have three unread emails, but I can't see any of them (or any of the old ones, either). A little later, they show up - and sure enough, one of them is from the person I'm driving 250 miles to meet later this week. He wants to check I'm still coming, and discuss timings.

Come on BT - this stuff has consequences in the real world. Pull your socks up - and quickly.

Message 313 of 406

Re your point 1 @IMacD , I find the login page to be a nice and clean and (with Chrome and Windows 10) after clicking Next (I have Chrome remember my login ID and password), the password box appears just below after a quick refresh and a second click on the Next button takes me in with no bother. It would be better though without the refresh.

I've not noticed being logged out after some period of time but perhaps I simply don't use the webmail interface for long enough to see it.

As I've said before on this discussion I've never had problems with random fonts and jumping cursors on any browser or version of Windows although I've no doubt it must be happening given the number of reports. There must be some other factor at play that's difficult to pinpoint.

On your point No. 4 about the default font, I've just started to compose an e-mail and set my font size to 18. I then discarded it and logged out. On logging back in, I find my previous font size is thoughtfully remembered for me.

However, I fully concur with the wide columns and the inability to have my preferred widths remembered. I've even noticed just now that they revert to their default widths if I just pop into settings and back to the e-mails. If my chosen font size can be remembered, then why can't the columns widths?

0 Ratings
Message 314 of 406

@ShaunOM
Yes, my chosen font is remembered at each log-in, BUT I do have the jumping cursor problem . . . sometimes often in one email, sometimes only after I've been typing for several minutes - it varies; once it's there though, wow does it get going!!
Sizing of composition panes is an annoying feature for me where buttons for Save Draft and Send appear "outside" the active pane.
Column widths not an issue for me.
PC, Windows11, Edge
0 Ratings
Message 315 of 406

Jumping cursor back with a vengeance today and no obvious reason. Very frustrating and a significant amount of extra work.

On the plus side, the width of the columns has remained where I set it and images are no longer blocked.

Message 316 of 406

Very, very, very slow to see characters that have just been typed appear on the screen; latency similar to using a mainframe back in 1980s

I am on Chrome Version 125.0.6422.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10

laptop is old... but the latency to which I refer is not experienced on other applications (such as Gmail).  I have fast BT fibre to house.

I have also noticed that when I use the feature that allows me to select the full email address from a previously used  email does not always work.  I have had to type in the full email address when the one that I have selected is not complete.

Robert

0 Ratings
Message 317 of 406

@robertjameswrote:

Very, very, very slow to see characters that have just been typed appear on the screen; latency similar to using a mainframe back in 1980s

I am on Chrome Version 125.0.6422.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10

laptop is old... but the latency to which I refer is not experienced on other applications (such as Gmail).  I have fast BT fibre to house.

I'm on FireFox v115.11.0, same thing, it's like watching your email appear in slow motion, about 5 to 10 seconds behind the speed you are actually typing. Not a browser issue, it's a BT email issue. Which in theory, should make it easier for them to fix 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 318 of 406

With respect, @Stephen5000 , using Chrome (Version 125.0.6422.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)) or Firefox (127.0) on Windows 10 over a 40Mbps Internet connection, I can type as fast as I like when creating an e-mail and there's no perceptible delay. Therefore, this suggests it can't be a BT webmail problem otherwise everyone would be experiencing it quite often including me.

Usually the only time I occasionally see typing delays in a local application or a web page is when Windows is overly busy doing something in the background causing key stroke delays. But it's quite rare and short lived.

0 Ratings
Message 319 of 406

@ShaunOMwrote:

With respect, @Stephen5000 , using Chrome (Version 125.0.6422.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)) or Firefox (127.0) on Windows 10 over a 40Mbps Internet connection, I can type as fast as I like when creating an e-mail and there's no perceptible delay. Therefore, this suggests it can't be a BT webmail problem otherwise everyone would be experiencing it quite often including me.

Usually the only time I occasionally see typing delays in a local application or a web page is when Windows is overly busy doing something in the background causing key stroke delays. But it's quite rare and short lived.

It depends on which server you get logged on to. There is one BT email addresses I have which works just fine, another I always experience errant behaviour & delays. Just because you don't personally experience this typing delay, doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

Message 320 of 406

For dealing with spam (which has increased significantly the past few days), you used to be able to tick several emails at a time and then block the domain names/addresses and then delete them all at once. But with the new update you have to do it one email at a time as if you highlight more than one email the block sender and domain option become unclickable. This is something you need to sort, BT, as it's a PITA!

0 Ratings