cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 451 of 475

Re: BT email buffering when responding to messages

I agree @Mushroom about unwanted ticks. I wasn't sure it mattered very much until I went to a different webmail system (outlook.com from Microsoft) which has a similar web interface and realised that the little selection boxes there are not ticked unless I positively click on, or very close to, the the box itself.
Or, if I select a 'range' using the shift key or individual messages using the Ctrl key, those messages then certainly all acquire a tick mark as I would expect.

I'm not quite clear how this makes an operational difference but I feel that a box should not acquire a tick unless I actually click on it.

0 Ratings
Message 452 of 475

Re: BT email anomalies

One other longstanding fault I forgot to mention. Sometimes after 'Send' of a message, the Drafts line on the left still  shows 1 file pending.  Only when you open the Drafts folder does it clear to blank. The message is safely in the Sent folder, of course.

Tags (1)
Message 453 of 475

Re: BT email anomalies

Yes, agree. I end up doubting myself and extra time lost!
0 Ratings
Message 454 of 475

'Your BT 2 internet settings are out of date'.

I get this flash message nearly every time we log in on one of our 3 PCs.

Posted this before but there was another fault which Openreach have sorted....I assumed this was part of that problem...but it obviously wasn't.

I don't knowingly use email clients etc.

0 Ratings
Message 455 of 475

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

I'll see what I can do regarding the list, I'm working with the product team to try and get one that I can post. As soon as I'm able to, I'll get it posted. Apologies for any delay.

0 Ratings
Message 456 of 475

That pop-up message, @EJB , ('Your BT internet settings are out of date'), normally only occurs (in my experience) when you run a client e-mail program and perhaps the e-mail password is incorrect. It's possible that you have an e-mail client program running automatically at start-up of Windows such as the "Outlook (new)" app or Mail.

0 Ratings
Message 457 of 475

Have always used default Microsoft email setups.

How do I check that please?

0 Ratings
Message 458 of 475

So...

...'previous' & 'next' arrows still AWOL, images still not showing despite 'show images' being selected & ZERO response regarding fixing them, except 'get an email client' which is NOT a fix; it's a fudge & one which reduces security, so I'll not be going that route.

0 Ratings
Message 459 of 475

I have absolutely no idea why you think a mail client is less secure than a web browser!!

0 Ratings
Message 460 of 475

@Oddbodkin wrote:

...'previous' & 'next' arrows still AWOL, images still not showing despite 'show images' being selected & ZERO response regarding fixing them, except 'get an email client' which is NOT a fix; it's a fudge & one which reduces security, so I'll not be going that route.

Please enlighten me how an email client is " a fudge & one which reduces security" ?