cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 681 of 952

Re: Are you unhappy with the new version of email on PC or is it just me?

It is the most diabolical web browser email interface update that we have ever experienced over more than 20 years of using BT as our ISP provider, going back to ISDN, BT Connect, BT Yahoo, etc., etc. And there have been some pretty cumbersome migrations from those previous incarnations.

As most of us mere mortals cannot fathom why it would be this bad, so can sympathise with those inclined to believe it must be because they only want us to stop using this BT web browser option and start using an email client instead. I've tried it on an iPad with Apple Mail and seems to be mostly okay, well matter of fact, much better.

Still hopeful it will and can be sorted, much like the latest BT Email app for Android (cannot speak for the IOS phones as haven't used it), which started quite badly but is presently so much easier to use than the present BT Email web browser sham interface. 

Message 682 of 952

I use IPad Air and use the mail client supplied. Apart from double spacing the paragraphs it works OK, not sure why you would use webmail from IPhone or IPad. The inbuilt client is fine as is Blue Mail on Android.

Message 683 of 952

Yes, desperately, for all the reasons that have been mentioned and more!

Message 684 of 952

I think it has previously been mentioned that it will no longer let anyone delete more than 10 emails at once. I have discovered that it is now possible to empty the entire trash folder at once, but it will only let me delete 6 items at a time from the sent folder. Why oh why did BT think  this is a good idea? I, and I assume the rest of you, have better things to do than remember to delete an email every time I send one, because it is an absolute pain in the neck having to patiently tick a load of sent emails that I don't need to keep.

Also, beginning to wonder if BT are even bothering to try & fix the total fiasco of the new version. It would be nice (and good public relations!!!!) if they would give us an update instead of apparently completely ignoring the 'getting more peed off by the minute' users 🤔

Message 685 of 952

The only reason I ask is, are 'Rolling Contract' customers the only ones who are on the Email Trial platform?

0 Ratings
Message 686 of 952

Something else. When forwarding it puts a line down the left side. It was possible to easily delete this. Not now as far as I can see.

Message 687 of 952

@pk46 No

It's not a trial it's unbelievably live.

Message 688 of 952

When I say 'Trial', 'Upgrade' is probably a better word.

I believe it hasn't been 'rolled' out to all BT Email users, only some of them.

I'm trying to find out the criteria they used.

0 Ratings
Message 689 of 952

There is no particular criteria, it is being rolled out in batches, several thousand at a time, presumably at random.

0 Ratings
Message 690 of 952

Someone tell BT, I'm in the wrong batch. 😀