cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 181 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

I'm posting this in case others have been confused as to what's going on!  Emails that included images  suddenly started to only show the icon below ==>

prm1_1-1707233781191.png

... it appears that my 'settings' had been changed (and NOT by me) to "Block all Images"

It can be corrected by going to the 'settings' menu that hangs off your email address in the top right corner and alter the "Block Images" setting to what you really want it to be (again see below)

prm1_0-1707233600746.png

Hopefully this may help others similarly confused as to why BT have plagued their paying customers with an interface that doesn't seem to have been through any quality control testing.

Message 182 of 952

I had the same issue but thought it must be my laptop. Have changed it in settings but every now and then it reverts back.

0 Ratings
Message 183 of 952

@Problems1 wrote:

Can anyone help plse, not tech savvy. New BT email format in use.

This version if you put tick in box email always opens. I therefore cannot see how to get it into the spam folder without it opening.

Make sure that when you are moving your cursor to the box at the left hand side that it changes from a pointer to a pointing hand then single click in the box. This selects the email and will not open it, then go to either "Move to" or "More" in the menu bar at the top of the list and select what you want to do with it or drag and drop it in the relevant folder.

0 Ratings
Message 184 of 952

It looks like BT's techies ignore the mantra: "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Why is it that nearly always when new "improved" software is announced, it is often worse than what it replaced?
Message 185 of 952

@gallivant wrote:
Agree. Been with BT webmail, in its different guises for over 20 years, and this is one of the worst interfaces we have ever had to to work with. Did not take lightly to being thrown the "terms and conditions" of being a Business account that shouldn't be using BT webmail when only doing as BT has suggested when they finally were able to migrate our account. Do "residential" clients not conduct normal, even critical business through their email communication? No excuses! Been threatening to leave BT and never looked as likely to do so, if this recent webmail interface shambles doesn't get sorted out once and for all.

You were not "thrown the "terms and conditions" of being a Business account that shouldn't be using BT webmail" . If you re read your thread you will see that I said "in case you were not aware"  that if you were a Business it was against the T&Cs of a residential account. The reason I pointed that out to you was to make you aware that BT could withdraw/close your account, which I would hazard a guess would be worse than what you are experiencing with the "new" email system.

As I am not a mind reader I was obviously unaware of what BT had previously told you . However I have taken it onboard and will make sure not to "throw"  any further advice or assistance to you.

Message 186 of 952

Thank you distinguished sage for your reply message 183 to my  message no 172.

However when I made sure the pointer was a pointing hand in box LHS and one click as you suggested, it just opened the spam email on RHS of screen. It always is a pointing hand (from arrow) when you move the cursor to the LHS box.

Is there something you need to do in the settings as well, using win 11 laptop and m/soft edge??
Have unticked view next mail after delete/move and unticked show first mail in preview pane in settings.
All emails open if pointing hand in LHS box is clicked.

If I drag and drop it opens the email as well. 

I have never opened a spam email till this system update from BT.

Grateful for more suggestions.

0 Ratings
Message 187 of 952

Now got a new problem. When I start to compose an email, the space in which to type stretches so far across to the right of the screen that I cannot see the 'Send' button...  

Why?

0 Ratings
Message 188 of 952

In my view the answer to your question is that its a poor design that doesn't seem to allow the user to scale the window size. I think the only way is to scroll to find the SEND button when you need it.

The current client is not condusive to understanding how the eventual email will appear to your recipient whilst creating it ... but it doesn't look to bad when you see what you've sent when looking in the SENT folder.

I don't think the implementers have ever heard of WYSIWYG

0 Ratings
Message 189 of 952

Thanks for your reply
0 Ratings
Message 190 of 952

Replying to JohnofKent, I too have now 3 times logged on to find placeholders instead of images in my emails, gone in to settings, found it set to "Block all images", changed it to "Allow all images", saved the change, got a message saying the change had been saved, only to find at a subsequent log-on settings had reverted to "Block all images".

0 Ratings