cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 621 of 952

Re: Latest incarnation of BT Webmail. Jeez, this is BAD

Most message board systems have a concept of 'sticky' threads and limited access threads - only allowing posts by moderators and admins, for example.

There is often a thread for "Frequently Asked Questions". That's a misnomer for "Answers to frequently asked questions", of course - but ATFAQ doesn't make a nice TLA.

Any chance of one of those here?
Message 622 of 952

Feel free to write one as I did on the Phones board.

In case you hadn't noticed, this thread is a sticky and appears at the top of the board.

0 Ratings
Message 623 of 952

In case you hadn't noticed, this thread is a sticky and appears at the top of the board.

Strange that the 'stickie' answers thread seems to have exactly the same number of posts as the open 'questions' thread.

RichardHaselgrove_0-1709731841664.png

0 Ratings
Message 624 of 952

That's the difference between a sticky thread and a locked thread.

A sticky thread simply ensures the thread remains at the top of the board regardless of posts being added or not.

A locked thread is exactly that, locked against new posts.

0 Ratings
Message 625 of 952

Re: New Email format - can it be changed / customised?

Thank you - I have now done that 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 626 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Exasperated with the 'new look'. When I replied to a message which had a preview pane, the font type/size would automatically mirror the font below, and and my preferred style had to be re-selected each time. Fixed it by selecting None for Preview pane, but any messages I receive that are presented in a frame e.g.  reports from news agencies, are still distorted by words being broken up - makes them very hard to read.

0 Ratings
Message 627 of 952

I have this latter problem, too. Funny, though, if you print that page as a pdf file it shows as it should with no split words.
0 Ratings
Message 628 of 952

If you're passing on feedback to BT, please tell them I loathe the new format email and I've had so many problems with it that I won't be renewing my contract. BT's evident indifference to its customers now seems to me to be of epic proportions.
0 Ratings
Message 629 of 952

Huh, you don't like the format of the webmail interface, so don't use it. Try using Thunderbird or another mail client (app) to deal with your email.

0 Ratings
Message 630 of 952

I'm very sorry, and I don't want to throw spears. I've based my business, and private life around using BT e mail. Might sound sad but I'm not technical and things worked. Right now it's a disaster. I just want to know when things will be fixed. (a cynical part of me would to know what the purported improvement are?)