cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 731 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Again, totally wrong. You can keep however many BT email addresses you already have as Basic mail.

Did you actually read the link @gg30340  posted?

You won’t be able to create new ones, but any you already have will still work

Message 732 of 952

Re: Are you unhappy with the new version of email on PC or is it just me?

Thank you for the full explanation DS. There are indeed many myths circulating and it’s good to hear the facts on (not) losing emails. 

0 Ratings
Message 733 of 952

In the past I used another system which lets you pull down all your old emails in a few files. They were .PST files. These days I just copy anything important as I go.  As time goes on the old emails are less and less important to me (hard to sort anyway). 

@Dragoncard   @licquorice 

0 Ratings
Message 734 of 952

They have sometimes said they will purge old emails if they have not had a send/recieve for a while I am sure

@gg30340 

@RogerA 

0 Ratings
Message 735 of 952

@RogerH27 wrote:
But yo only get one email address with BT basic email. If I downgrade to this my wife would loose her Bt email address, which could be grounds for divorce. To keep both emailaddresses requires BT Premium at £7.50 per month.

As has already been posted, you are yet again totally incorrect in what you have posted.

If you have read the link I posted you would appear not to have understood it correctly, you will be able to keep and use any email addresses that were created on that BT Broadband account so fortunately or perhaps unfortunately your wife will not have grounds to divorce you. 

Message 736 of 952

If you were to use MS outlook, you would still have .pst files on your computer.

Message 737 of 952

On that basis (webmail is not part of the contract/ just a nice to have freebie)

Is this issue really that they are not super interested in the product and want people to migrate away / not putting resources in. Reducing the functionality and having so many bugs in is a good way to slowly do that. Maybe they should just announce that it is a nice to have freebe and suggest people move to free product X or Y while and if they sort it
out ? 
I should stress I am not saying they set out to make it bad, just not put strong resources or a good launch validation plan?

0 Ratings
Message 738 of 952

@TheAlanB 

If you use an email client/app and set it up as a POP3 account, which is what uses .PST files, you can download all your Inbox emails onto your device.

If you set it up as an IMAP account you can synchronise all your devices that you use to access your email account and you can back up the emails/folders in the same way as you do with your normal back up regime, assuming you have one. 

Message 739 of 952

I used to use Outlook express. I have an old relative who still does. Of course that was killed off by MS. 
I did not get on with Thunderbird back in the day and Outlook is over the top. Are there any other free or cheap PC Solutions that people would suggest?  (to the gentleman who want to save his archive from 2005 Outlook can download a large PST file if you want a local back-up. I would also say I have been ver loathed to mention products as the rules here do say:- 6.3 You must not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content: f)  that promote products or services from other providers, or abuse any company or product;

If BT are cool that Thunderbirds are go (or a similar solution) why not just say that? Also I would be interested to hear what other people suggest as an interface. I used to love Outlook Express but sadly that is no more as already mentioned (to show my limited needs).

@licquorice 

0 Ratings
Message 740 of 952

@TheAlanB wrote:

On that basis (webmail is not part of the contract/ just a nice to have freebie)

Is this issue really that they are not super interested in the product and want people to migrate away / not putting resources in. Reducing the functionality and having so many bugs in is a good way to slowly do that. Maybe they should just announce that it is a nice to have freebe and suggest people move to free product X or Y while and if they sort it out ? 
I should stress I am not saying they set out to make it bad, just not put strong resources or a good launch validation plan?

Why not just accept that BT have made a mess of the roll out with no other or hidden ulterior motive. They have done this on every previous incarnation of their email service when they changed it so why expect anything different this time. 

If the wanted users to move away from the email service all they would need to do is give notice over a reasonable amount of time and then close it down.