cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT email Basic

Go to solution

As my BT contract is ending I'm looking to move provider (including an offer from BT to move to EE).
I note that after leaving BT, you can retain your BT email address with a basic service via web only.
However, I'm not clear if this is only for the primary email on the BT account or for all emails on the account (each account can have up to 11 addresses).

The BT Customer Services advisor said it was all of them, but he didn't sound very confident and the description on the website reads: 

Just one BT email address. You won’t be able to create new ones, but any you already have will still work

Will just the primary address work this way or will be all the addresses previously registered on the account?

Thank you

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT email Basic

Go to solution

Check out the mod response to my question on page 2 of this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Moving-from-BT-to-EE/m-p/2328780#M350584

You should not lose your email on transferring from BT to EE.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks RussK for very very quick and helpful response.
It would be good to know if this has indeed been the case from experience.
Also, same question still applies if it is a move to another non BT (BT/EE/Plusnet) provider.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you are moving provider, other than to EE your BT email account will be downgraded to BTMail Basic.

This will apply to all your email accounts that have been set up out of your eleven email allowance.

You will not be able to set up any more BTMail email accounts from any unused ones in your allowance of eleven.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @gg30340 
Very clear and helpful information.

0 Ratings