cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: BT email In box not showing mails

Hello Po2

First time posting on here.I had/have this problem.  For three weeks I was without emails as that damn Error sign kept popping up.  I called BT and was told their Offline team were working on it?????  Although once, all my new emails appeared in my Trash bin - go figure.  Eventually I phoned BT Technical help.  After a long time trying various things he decided that I would have to call Microsoft and Apple to update them!!??  He told me I could get my Inbox mail on my iPad which I had never thought of, so for 2 weeks have been using Ipad, which for me is not suitable.   Then the other day I tried my Inbox on my Mac, and low and behold they all appeared.   I have a new problem now in that I can only see the last 2 days and I need to view older ones.   I HATE BT internet since they have changed everything.

Good luck.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

Re: BT email In box not showing mails (FIXED)

I spoke to a more technical guy in Cardiff today after raising the fault and he has provided an answer.

If you click on the view dropdown box at the top right of the screen and then make sure the conversation view is switched off (Shows in black text not blue text) then this brings your full inbox back. 

Just click on conversation view to toggle on / off.

ian1covkid_1-1719235770839.png

ian1covkid_0-1719235489828.png

The reason given is that we all have too many emails left in our inbox and if you have more than 10,000 ish this problem might occur.

So delete or archive old emails from your inbox to a folder to keep less than 10,000 if you want to use conversation view or switch off conversation view like me.

Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

Thanks

That has worked for me. I wonder what 'Conversation View' actually does then, and why it has changed to require this action?

I'll leave the thread open for another day or so just to be sure nothing else pops up.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

Conversation View links emails that you have received and replied to using the reply to function. It treats them as a "Conversation" and groups them together as one thread.

Message 25 of 27

Thanks - I wonder if that has become the default then, when before it wasn't.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

I agree and if you have thousands of emails then it would be difficult to check them all and put them in a conversation view so they have changed some settings so it doesn't have to and only checks the last few.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 27

Thank you ..... yes that has now displayed all my emails !

0 Ratings