cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Blocked emails

A computer system we use occasionally tries to send out 50 emails at a time, but sometimes all those that have a btinternet.com address get blocked and the message back looks like this :-

*********@btinternet.com

554 Message rejected on 2023/09/12 08:49:12 BST, policy (3.2.1.1) ID (647E845C0FF251AB) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM

These are definitely NOT spam. Is there anything that can be done please ?

Thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Blocked emails

I have asked a moderator to remove your email address from within the rejection message as this is a public forum and you could end up being inundated with spam.

As regards your problem, the maximum number for group emails is 49 so try that.

Message 3 of 8

OK thanks, but the 50 emails sent out in one go were to a whole variety of email accounts, and it was only those that were for btinternet.com that were blocked.

The blocked emails have still not arrived from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

To try and trouble shoot have you

a) tried sending under 50?

b) sending just to the BT email addresses as a group?

c) sending to the BT email addresses individually to see if the email get through?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi

Yes to all 3 of those

The first time they failed, there were only 2 emails to send out, both were btinternet.com. It doesn't seem to matter how many are in the group, it's only the BT ones that fail.

Within the next 5 minutes, another 2 emails were sent out to gmail accounts and they both were received immediately.

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @dpalmer192 

Thanks for posting sorry you've experienced this issue.

Please take a look at the link below it will guide you on how to contact the postmaster regarding emails you're sending being rejected by BT as spam:

https://www.bt.com/help/email/fix-a-problem/sending-or-receiving-email/bt-email---best-practices-for...

Are you sending emails from a btinternet.com email address? 

Have you tried changing IP address in case that's been blocked as potential spam?

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for your reply and the suggestions from Postmaster. Unfortunately I don't know the answers to some of these suggestions so I have passed them over to the software company that we use to send out the emails, and am awaiting their reply.

Regards

Dave Palmer

0 Ratings