cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 101

Re: Blocking Spam domains not working

Thank you. Hopefully we'll get some sort of solution. 

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 101

That's good news hopefully something will get done!

The last 2 weeks have been a tsunami of junk.

Clearly something has gone wrong as the mails are very obvioulsy spam.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 101

Things are looking up, I haven't had any spam today.....

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 101

No spam yesterday, then 3 in quick succession this morning. Disappointing.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 101

I've had the same problems for some months. 

This is my list of blocked senders (in BT Account Settings - Mail - Blocked Senders), that have been bothering me (noting it's the spoofed rather than actual senders that are blocked but heyho... it does seem to work for these). 

Some of these look semi-official, but I've never had a genuine email from those "accounts".  I don't have accounts with these companies but would be keen to remove those particular blocks once the spam problem is solved permanently by BT, just in case. The ones that seem to come from onmicrosoft.com (if you get them), seem to be one offs, these have been repetitive.

*@e-mail.microsoft.com

*@e.etsy.com

*@eu.admailers.net

*@eu.productofchoice.com

*@eu.selected-offers.com

*@eu.selected-quotes.com

*@inboxpromos.com

*@info.emailselections.org

*@microsoftstoreemail.com

*@s.clicplan.com

*@s.couponandgo.com

*@s.oferting.net

*@terriblytempting.com

account-security-noreply @accountprotection.microsoft.com   (no space)

email @seller.etsy.com (no space)

familysafety @microsoft.com (no space)

microsoftstore @microsoftstoreemail.com  (no space, and I'm not sure why I have to put this in again as the domain only block fails)

o365mc @microsoft.com  (no space)

office365 @email.microsoftonline.com (no space)

reply @email.microsoft.com (no space)

unmonitored @microsoft.com (mo space)

The Dragon's Den, Martin Lewis and bitcoin spam seems to be relayed through Microsoft IP addresses.  The rest as indicated previously in the thread -  from Sparkposte.

All my spam gets reported to SpamCop and this recent wave of phising spam to report @phishing.gov.uk (no space) as attachments so they get the full headers.

If you really feel to need to click on the links there is a safe sandbox here where it is safe to paste them : urlscan.io  but beware they usually resolve diffently dependent on the geographic region they think they are being clicked from.  If in any even tiny doubt - just don't. 

I half wonder if there hasn't been another databreach exposing our email addresses?

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 101

Our main account is not affected, just the secondary accounts. Is that the same for others?
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 101

@bloop 

Apparently part of the issue I had is that my sub accounts are set up to automatically forward all emails to my main account, so blocking those spam emails has to be done through the sub account, rather than my main one, which doesn't actually see the original source address of the spam.

I'm seeing very little spam in my inbox since I sorted that out, though still plenty of dross in the spam folder, which is a pain, as occasionally legitimate stuff goes there as well, so I have to check.

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 101

@bloop

I've been getting spam on my main email address, and 1 sub-account. It does seem to have slowed in the last few days, maybe 1 or 2 a day now.

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 101

@bloop  Yes those are what I get, plus the Martin Lewis etc also gotbishow and revshoping and others.  

It is on my main account, I have another which I don't use and only get electricity company emails on it.  No spam on that. 

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 101

Thanks all, so its nothing to do with primary and secondary accounts. I just wondered.

On the Martin Lewis,  Bitcoin, Dragons Den, "Gummies" spam, has anyone noticed you get the "spam content" and then something that appears to be a Microsoft Email further down the page that is nothing to do with the spam (or you) but is old and copied in from somewhere else, and is the spam sent date from months ago?  If you've not noticed previously, please don't open them to check.  I'm asking on the off-chance.

I've not had revshoping or gotbitshow.  Mine all started last year with "Costumer Service" which turned out to be associated with an affiliate advertiser in Dublin.  I think I've been sold on since then to a Dutch comany and a Spanish one.  The ones from x.onmicrosoft and with microsoft in the sent name are more problematic as they appear to coming from Microsoft IP's used as relays and have all sorts of nonsence injected into the headers.

0 Ratings