cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Calendar reminders

About a week ago, Calendar started sending 3email reminders each day instead of just the one  I set up. This is happening for each of the calendar events for which I have set up a reminder. Is anyone else experiencing this ....and is there something I can do to fix this problem?

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Calendar reminders

Yes, I am experiencing a similar problem which only started recently, although I only get two emails per Calendar invite I have setup. I assume it is just another bug in their new email system they are rolling out

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

@tonyj3 

You're not alone, duplicate reminders have been reported before.

But, can you shed a little more light please? 

Did you set up the events for which you receive duplicate reminders before you were migrated to the "new" BT system? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

They are old reminders, which have been in place for years

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

I have deleted the Reminder and set it up again. Will see next week if I get 2 emails or it is back to the 1 expected email

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

@tonyj3wrote:

They are old reminders, which have been in place for years

Splendid. I get duplicate reminders for events set up before I was migrated, singular reminders for events added since. 

I'm convinced there's still a rogue process sending reminders from an old events file.  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

My recurring event on a six-day cycle was set to generate a reminder email yesterday 24th May.

The event was set up before I was migrated to the new email interface, as previously mentioned, and I have been receiving two identical reminder mails every six days since the migration.

However, I edited the event just after receipt of the last duplicate mails (I simply added "edited" to the description of one occurrence of the event). 

The result? Two identical reminders, as before, plus a third reminder with "edited" tagged on to the description. 

Another partial success ... 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

No change after deleting the old reminder and setting up a new reminder. Still getting two emails for the new reminder I setup 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Yes, I have the same problem as well. deleting & re-setting doesn't seem to work.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

Created a new 'test' event, and only got one email, so deleted the event which I was getting 2 duplicate emails for, and edited the 'test' event to be my new event. Hopefully that will resolve the problem. If it does, I will delete all the events I have been receiving  2 email for and create new ones.

0 Ratings