cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Can't find family email

Go to solution

Hi, I can't find an email address that I have given Friend and Family.

Over the years I have given three email addresses to Friends and Family.

When I review the list ‘Manage your email', the screen says I have given Friends and Family three email addresses (which I have) but only two of the three appear.

I received a message earlier about the one that doesn't appear, that it was locked, so I need to access it to unlock it (its my son and he is abroad so needs his email for his various travel, flight details etc). The missing one is c@c@s@e@l@1@btinternet.com

Is there a way to find it?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't find family email

Go to solution

If your son is using an email client to try an access his email account when abroad ask him to try a web browser.

It would appear that you may have "gifted" the email account to your son which if he  had accepted the "gift" he should have set up his own BTID so that he can manage the email account without going through your MyBT.

If he did not accept the "gift" it may be that the email account is in limbo and he can not accept it.

The first thing he should do is to try the "forgot logon details" route and follow the prompts and use his answers to the log on security questions. If he does that know the log on security questions he should try using your security answers.

If that does not work you will need to contact BT on 0331.1234.150 and ask for the email team to reset the password.

0 Ratings