cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Can't login to email or my bt

Go to solution

After  a security issue this afternoon  which needed a password change to my  usual email address I am now being told to log in to my.bt to start 2 stage authentication.

Ok  so we'll do that but when I try to log in to my bt it seems that the btinternet address I use for my bt  is now using the new password I set up for the emails earlier this afternoon.

my.bt just won't open for me, I just get the wait logo.

Can't access bt mail unless I go through Thunderbird

Am I missing something here ?

Ideas anyone

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Can't login to email or my bt

Go to solution

You can no longer access your email account through MyBT. You have to use the BTMail log on page. Have a read through the instructions on the log on page.

BTMail 

Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Hi

That's not the problem gg

The mail would work ok, as I can log into mail ok, but, before I can use it I have to go through the 2 stage verification process  ( I assume I must have initiated that somehow)

It tells me to log in to mybt to go through the process but, when I try to do that the email I use for mybt does not recognise the password as it is now the same as the  email that was "compromised" & blocks access for incorrect password

Simple answer would be to put the mybt email addy back to the original. If I could find a written copy of that password as it has been overwritten by Google 

I can't see any  way of changing the mybt password as I cannot get into mybt & the on-line bt help is confusing to say the least 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

Go to the MyBT log on screen and use the "forgotten your login details" route.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Tried that again today

All I get is the little logo top left going round & round & then finally settles on a "your profile" page & an address  that fills the  bar 

"https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsselfserve/index.html#/forgotlogindetails?srfd=y&view=mybt&TARGET=%24SM%24HTTPS%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Ebt%2Ecom%2Fss%2FSatellite%2Fsecure%2Floginforward%3Fsite%3Dbtcom%26view%3Dmybt%26redirectURL%3"

This page is unresponsive

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Me too, no matter which way I attempt, I get a blank screen

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

I want to see my bill and the link on yesterday's email goes nowhere.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

I read my emails in Outlook and that is working fine, I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Not trying to rob your post, but I also cannot get into MyBt anymore. I did get in once last night out of 5 or 6 tries, (changed nothing), but then when I tried to view my bill it just hung again with a twirling busy circle. I do not use BT mail. I joined about 6 weeks ago, and though for a month or so could get into MYBT,  since billing me the last week or so its been like this, super iffy.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Not just me then 🙂

0 Ratings