cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Can't login to email or my bt

Go to solution

Hi Everyone, We are aware of the MyBT problems and working on a fix, I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Thanks

Neil

Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

My BT has not been working properly for at least 48 hours. Is there any idea of when it will be OK?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

@Rob_J I'm sorry I don't have a timescale, but it is being treated as a priority.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks @ Neil to picking this up,

I too am affected in the last 48 hours.

Just to add a strange detail, when I try to log in nothing happens, I only see the white page  & basically the BT website is not responding , but when I click on MyBT it looks like I'm logged in anyway.

Not sure if others see this as well ?

So I logged out, cleared cashes, cookies but same story, the MyBT page wont respond.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

I tried clearing caches and cookies, using different web browsers and so on, but nothing worked. It seems variable as to what actually happens, sometimes an empty page, sometimes a time out error, sometimes going to the wrong page.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

We are aware that My BT is experiencing latency and some pages are not accessible. We are working to fix this as soon as possible and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused. We recommend that you try again later when My BT is back to normal.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks NeilO  👍

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Can't manage email

Go to solution

Yesterday I could log into www.bt.com/mybt, and via "your products" and "manage email", I could manage my email addresses. I deleted 3 addresses that I no longer wanted. Today I cannot get into "manage email". I want to be in there because my email will no longer sync with BlueMail on my phone or Outlook on my PC - I was thinking of trying to change the email password for my address but can't. I can access my BT mail via the web interface however. My wifes BT email continues to sync to devices via IMAP as usual.  BT support seems powerless to actually investigate what's going on. I have to wait to see if someone happens to do something somewhere to make things work again. Rather hit and miss I think...

Message 19 of 22

Re: Can't manage email

Go to solution

Finally sorted 

I noticed gg's reply to another poster to "switch off & unplug, wait a bit then plug in again" or words to that effect

How many times did I tell apprentices & trainees that in the past 🤔

I'm stuck with the 2 step thing but I can live with that 

Thank you gg

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Re: Can't manage email

Go to solution

Yes things are working again. My support approach would be ask what URL isn't working, use that to identify the server and process at fault and get something done about it then report back status to the (paying) customer. BT support spend most of time failing to grasp what customers are saying then work on the basis that customers are idiots who must be doing something wrong or doing something they don't support etc. True this can often be the case but not always!