cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Can’t reset password on BT email - text message never arrives

Hello I have been logged out of my bt yahoo app for email yesterday and it keeps telling me my password is incorrect. I have my mobile number associated with my account and it says it will send a PIN number so I can confirm my identity - this never arrives despite trying multiple times, there is a chat online option after this which also doesn’t display and gives an error message so I think it’s a BT issue 

it’s not blocked as I have no numbers blocked - is anyone at BT got any ideas how I can get back into my account please if the text message doesn’t work? 

there is a question on what is my first car / bike but that also doesn’t work!  did setup the account when I was 16 ( now 41) so I may have put in a wrong answer from 25 years ago 

any help appreciated 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Locked out of email

This is also happening to me and I can’t get back in as there is no text message arriving to allow me to try a password reset 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Re: Can’t reset password on BT email - text message never arrives

Hi @Jasone, sorry you can't access your BT Email account. Yahoo stopped hosting BT Email a few years back and I would suspect you would have had to change to the BT Email app What is the BT Email app and how do I get it? | BT Help

I hope that helps but if you still need help to access your BT Email please get in touch by using the 'Message now' option on this page: Fix email | BT Help and one of our guides will be happy to help you.

Cheers

John

Message 4 of 14

Thanks John I am using that app already my mistake with terminology- there is a an option to receive a text message to reset the password but the password pin never arrives this has been like this now for about 3 days 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Hi @Jasone, was thinking it would be very unlikely to be the Yahoo app but best to be sure. Get in touch with the Email team on the above link and they'll get this fixed for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

The is a screen shot of it and nothing arrives 

IMG_1292.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

I have tried but there is no option for email team only broadband tv etc 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

I did call a couple of days ago instead and was told would get a call back but nothing as yet 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hi @Jasone it falls under broadband so Existing customer - Technical - Broadband will get you to the right team.
I'm assuming that you are an existing BT Broadband customer or have Premium Mail. If not then you will be on the Basic email platform and can only access email via bt.com/email and not the app.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

I am not a premium customer but have accessed via the app until this week, has that changed this week ? 

0 Ratings