cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can't sen email using iPhone or Apple Mail - Was working now isn't

Every so often I'm not able to send emails from my phone or my PC using a mail client, if i turn my phone off and on it works for a short while and then reverts to the error.  I get a message about my settings and password "Can't connect to account, enter password for user".  I haven't changed my password and my Web based email works.  Anybody know what's going on.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't sen email using iPhone or Apple Mail - Was working now isn't

Are you a current BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account and if a broadband customer was the email account set up on this broadband account?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I've recently left BT and taken up a premium email account.  I've had by BT email account for over a decade.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Log onto your MyBT and go to "Your Products" then "Email, Manage" and once there what "Account Type" is showing at the top of the page?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks, really useful to know this, I can see it's showing as premium.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

If your MyBT was showing Basic it would mean that you could not use an email client/app to access your BTMail but as it is showing "Premium" you should be able to use an email client/app.

Because your webmail is working this would suggest that there is nothing wrong with your email account or password.

Which email app and email client are you using on your PC and iPhone? 

Have you tried a different email client/app? 

Presumably you have checked the BTMail settings in your email client/app as per the following link.

BT Email server settings | BT Help

Does this problem also happen when using your iPhones mobile network or is it only while using your home broadband connection?

If it is only at home it may be that the BT server has a problem and turning off your home router for about 30 minutes should cause it to get a new IP address and hopefully connect to a different BT server.