cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Can't send an email

Go to solution

Started yesterday, I can't send emails I get a message saying "

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (6406828701C06167) [Err code: 553]

"
0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Can't send an email

Go to solution

Can anyone help please, has anyone else had this problem? Where can I go to get it sorted?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @Des911

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry that you're seeing error code 553 when trying to send emails.  This may be due to your current IP address.  As our customers are assigned dynamic IP addresses you may have been assigned one that has been previously added to a blocklist.

Can you disconnect your broadband for 15-20 minutes and then reconnect?  This should be enough time for you to be assigned a different IP address.  Please test sending an email again when you do this and post back to let me know how you get on.

If you continue to have problem, we'll take your details to investigate further from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

I still have the same problem after turning it off for 20 minutes

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Did you check to see if your IP address changed?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

@RobbieMacwrote:

Hi @Des911

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry that you're seeing error code 553 when trying to send emails.  This may be due to your current IP address.  As our customers are assigned dynamic IP addresses you may have been assigned one that has been previously added to a blocklist.

ALL dynamic IP addresses are on blocklists, this is standard practice and doesn't prove anything. It is all to do with the system poorly behaving and assuming something that isn't there.

This is reported so many times in this forum, yet you do nothing to investigate this once and for all. Please get to the route cause of this issue and stop looking at individual cases as if it's a new fault each time.

Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

Dear Moderator,

I have the same problem (see below)

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-1-1) ID (64AEB7A80060C3ED) [Err code: 553].

I have turned router on and off but problem persists. Can you help?

This is driving me insane.

Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

I had to contact BT who took a couple of days to fix it. Something was telling their equipment that things weren't right and they had to delete it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks Des911.

Hopefully they can fix my problem too (fingers crossed)

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

This is nothing to do with where I'm sending from: it is happening *EVERY* time I try to send e-mails to specific target addresses (my own work e-mail) - no matter what device or even what country I try to send from  (UK, Ireland, Norway and Namibia tried).
For clarity, the latest message I tried to send was :

Subject: Check In. 
No content at all.

Just a reminder. Still got the infuriating (and lying) message "Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (64AEB7A801AC02A1) [Err code: 553]"

PLEASE get this wretched message trigger corrected and stop the complaints....