cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cannot send emails error 533

When sending i have the following error message 

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-2-1) ID (5ED9BDD001C2F8D2) [Err code: 553]

Any ideas 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot send emails error 533

Hi, @Johnf7 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems sending emails at the moment. That message normally means the spam filter has picked up something suspicious within the email or from the IP address of the broadband connection you are using. 

Are you able to send if you log in to webmail? at www.bt.com/email 

Are you using a BT Broadband connection at the moment? You can check what your IP address is on this link, if you enter it in this checker it will let you know if the IP address has been blacklisted. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Thank you for your information 

Having run the IP address checker it appears that it is blacklisted 

I am away at the moment  so the issue will cease on my return  home 

Thank you once again 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Johnf7 no problem, if you're accessing public wifi when you're away it's likely been used to send large volumes of spam previously and has been blocked by the spam filtering companies.

If you can try another broadband connection or mobile data you may be able to avoid the block.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings