Re: Deleting emails in Bulk

Go to solution

@licquorice 

What's the old saying about horse and water

1000018555.jpg

Message 22 of 38

Go to solution

@mm2 it's certainly not semantic nitpicking. A mail service and the wherewithal to collect it are 2 entirely different things.

For many years BT didn't provide a webmail interface and have only very recently provided a mail app for mobiles.

Many email service providers don't provide the means of access at all.

The amount of time it would take you to try Thunderbird (4 minutes when I carried out a test recently) is far shorter than the time you have wasted banging your head against a brick wall trying to use an interface that is not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 38

Go to solution

@gg30340  another old saying ... 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...'  😉

Message 24 of 38

Go to solution

But that's the whole point, it is broke and has been ever since it was introduced, it is just broken even worse now.

If you saw someone trying to eat soup with a fork, would you let them continue or offer them a spoon?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 38

Go to solution

@mm2 wrote:

@gg30340  another old saying ... 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...'  😉

But it was and is broke!!

Message 26 of 38

Go to solution

@gg30340 @licquorice The bits I am currently whingeing about were fine till the latest 'BT email is changing ...' 

1.  I used to be able to input text at my usual keyboard speed, faster than anyone using a touchscreen can imagine,  without the cursor bouncing back to the start in 'reply' mode

2.  I used to be able to scroll down my inbox selecting mail and delete them all in one dustbin batch

I don't find anything else wrong with the product/service/process/whatever else anyone wants to call it

What I do know is that if I'd supplied any of my customers with a system which failed to perform basic activities and told them that some bloke down the road would give them an add-on to make it work ... well, what do you think?

If I sold a system to a customer's spec it damn well did the job and we supported it in-house

We did not sell a system without an ongoing support contract and our customers got effective service for their contracted payment

But that was in the good old days, and I am one of those dinosaur fogies that expects things to work, won't be any of us left soon so mediocrity will win the day

Thank you to everyone who answered my question and made me realise there is no hope for BT

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 38

Go to solution

I'm probably an older than you dinosaur fogey that believes in using the right tool for the job. A WEB browser is not the the right tool for handling email, it is designed to handle web pages.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 38

Go to solution

@licquorice do tell that to the OED!webmail.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 38

Go to solution

I doubt the OED  is much of a technical authority.

Just because a web browser CAN  be used for email, it doesn't make it the right tool for the job. You can put screws in with a hammer.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 38

Go to solution

@licquorice   A hammer wasn't designed to put in screws. 

What BT have done is take a functional screwdriver and file down the useful pointy bit, perhaps with safety in mind to prevent kids from poking out their eyes (i.e. a reason unconnected to its primary purpose).  In doing so, they have compromised the performance of the said screwdriver in the primary purpose for which it was designed. 

I certainly couldn't put in screws with a hammer but then I'm a woman driver who can't park without parking sensors.  Lots of people can!

0 Ratings