cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 38

Re: Deleting emails in Bulk

Go to solution

I'm glad you agree with me that a hammer wasn't designed to put in screws. That is exactly my point, a web browser wasn't designed to handle email, it never was and never will be.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 38

Go to solution

Look at it the other way round - webmail was designed as a web application

Web applications are accessed using a web browser

It seems to me not unreasonable to expect an application designed to be accessed via a web browser to work via that route

As with my car analogy, many people are capable of parking without sensors, some people like me with poor spatial awareness find life easier with sensors

I guess some people need a front-end to use email, I am not one of them, I just need a product/service/whatever that does what it used to do before it was blunted 

BT has acknowledged shortcomings in its latest release and promised to fix them, I hope they get their sharpeners out soon

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 38

Go to solution

Have you tried using an email client to see if it "works" for you.

You may be surprised and find it better than a web mail system in the same way as the parking sensors are better/enhance your ability to park your car.

If you don't find it an improvement you can always uninstall it in the same was as if your parking ability improves you will be able to park a vehicle without using the sensors.

In any event, this is now going round in circles.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 38

Go to solution

@gg30340 Sorry, horse still not thirsty ... however I note from the Community Manager's update on 17 Apr that one of the known issues 'being worked on' is 

• Cursor jumping issues

which I guess is my second whinge.  So there's still hope!  Regrettably no hope of my parking ability improving.

There are sound reasons why I like webmail, after 40 years in professional computing I do absolutely everything online: banking, stockbroking, shopping, social media as well as email, using a heavily-protected desktop PC.  It's normal for me to have several browser tabs open while I'm multitasking.  I get a browser marker when a new message is in and I can just review while my Waitrose order is updating or a Messenger reply is being typed.  Having offline email access is no use to me at all.  Yet another old saying: 'you can't please all of the people all of the time'.  Each to their own.  Thank you for your thoughts.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 38

Go to solution

From your last reply it is apparent you have little idea of how an email client works and I see there is little point in this thread continuing as " not being thirsty" there are "none so blind as those who wil not see". 

Hopefully your webmail will be fixed....... until the next update and the new problems that will be introduced.

Message 36 of 38

Go to solution

@gg30340 I hope so too. 

Agreed no point in continuing as while users are so keen to promote applying a third-party sticking-plaster to BT's acknowledged faults, we can be sure BT will not prioritise using its expensive resources to fix those faults.  

There are lots of other old sayings which come to mind, but I wouldn't want to appear rude, would I? 😂

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 38

Go to solution

You are entirely missing the point.

Your 'third party sticking plaster' is technically a far superior method of handling email. I am not just referring to BT here but all webmail offerings. It is the wrong tool for the job.

How did you access email before BT introduced their webmail offering?

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 38

Go to solution

@licquorice I had a corporate mail account when I was working,  accessed through our own system software, but I retired from 'employed' work in 2006 so before that.  

My BT mail arrived when I began working from home as an inclusive with my internet/phone package, I did have private clients while still employed, so not sure exactly when.  It was originally served by Yahoo but has always had a btinternet.com address and always plain old webmail.  

I don't want to be argumentative for the sake of it, I needed an answer to whether other people experienced the same issues as me with the roll-out, and whether BT recognised them, both affirmed.

The point I am not missing is that we disagree in principle on mail clients, it's fine for anyone who wants to use them, however I am perfectly happy with webmail except for the two recent recognised glitches resulting from the roll-out, and remain of the view that BT should repair them to keep faith with its customers.  Thank you once again for your thoughts.

0 Ratings