cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Difficulty writing an e mail

Good Day.

I'm having some difficulty writing e mails and only since the BT e mail upgrade.

Whilst typing  a message I'm usually looking down at the keyboard and the cursor moves, randomly, back to the start of the e mail and continues the typing before the salutation!

It is making it difficult to write e mail using BT Internet and then, of course,  you have to edit it, which is also not easy. It does not happen all the time but it can happen every three words or so!

Has anyone experienced the same and do you know of a fix? Thanks

Mark W

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Difficulty writing an e mail

If you have a read through this enormous thread BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release) - BT Community you will see that your problem is only one of many that the BTMail system has since its"upgrade".

BT were supposed to be aware of these problems mentioned in the thread, and had indeed issued some updates to address some of them. Webmail migration update - BT Community but alas the "jumping cursor" was not one of them or if it was it has not worked for many users. 

There have been no further updates for some time and BT have gone quiet on the issue so I would not expect any further updates any time soon.

There is as far as I am aware no "fix" for this although having said that I would suggest that if it is possible that you start to use an email client/app such as Thunderbird or some other free email client. If you do that you will find that all the problems that are part of the BTMail when using a web browser are not there when using an email client/app.

This does not mean you need to use a different email account/address it is just a different means of accessing and using your BTMail email account.

If you use your email on a mobile device you will probably be using an email client/app to do that.

Message 3 of 5

Many thanks for taking the time to help, very much appreciated. So quick too, your are a star.

Thanks for the suggestions to "get by." I'll try to do that but you would have thought BT would be on top of such matters, after all their service is not cheap.

Thanks again.

Mark.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Using an email client/app is not a "get by" solution.

It is a far superior way to use your email service than using a web browser (web mail) especially if you are only using your devices such as a PC or Laptop when at home and don't need to access your email on a device that is not your own, such as a friends computer or while at work where it may not be possible to install an email client/app.

Message 5 of 5

Again my thanks for your help and support.

Mark

0 Ratings