cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Do you agree that this is a spoof email?

Go to solution

Hello! This is the email message (screenshot) - Header information below!

BT posted:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

EDITED BY MOD (Don't post personal details)

-Alert! Your subscription explred on Sun,30 Apr-2023

To: David Brooks <**********@btinternet.com> 

Reply-To: ********@subscription.instagram.com 

Return-Path: <abuse@othereign.store>

X-Owm-Env-Sender: abuse@othereign.store

X-Originating-Ip: [212.129.0.119]

X-Razorgate-Vade: gggruggvucftvghtrhhoucdtuddrgedvhedrfedvvddgvdekucetufdoteggodetrfdotffvucfrrhhofhhilhgvmecuueftkffvkffujffvgffngfevqffonecuuegrihhlohhuthemuceftddunecundetlhgvrhhtshculdehtddmnecujfgurhepfffhvfhrkffugggtsehmtdgtsgdttdejnecuhfhrohhmpehmtggrfhcuoehnohhrvghplhihsehothhhvghrvghighhnrdhsthhorhgvqeenucggtffrrghtthgvrhhnpeejtdefhfejuefhjefgfeegteetfeefueeuvdetveejheetgefhueelgedvhfehveenucffohhmrghinhepihhsrdhgugenucfkphepvdduvddruddvledrtddrudduleenucevlhhushhtvghrufhiiigvpedvleenucfrrghrrghmpehhvghlohepohhthhgvrhgvihhgnhdrshhtohhrvgdpihhnvghtpedvuddvrdduvdelrddtrdduudelpdhmrghilhhfrhhomheprggsuhhsvgesohhthhgvrhgvihhgnhdrshhtohhrvgdpnhgspghrtghpthhtohepuddprhgtphhtthhopegurghvihgurghnughtrhhishhhrggssegsthhinhhtvghrnhgvthdrtghomhdprhgvvhfkrfepohhthhgvrhgvihhgnhdrshhtohhrvgdpshhpfhepphgrshhspdgukhhimhepnhhonhgvpdhgvghokffrpefhtfdpoffvtefjohhsthepshgrqdhprhguqdhrghhinhdqtdduie

X-Owm-Source-Ip: 212.129.0.119 (FR)

Mime-Version: 1.0

X-Vadesecure-Score: verdict=clean score=50/320, class=transactional-alerts

Authentication-Results: btinternet.com; dkim=none; dkim=error; spf=pass smtp.helo=othereign.store; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=othereign.store; bimi=skipped

X-Owm-Dkim: 5

X-Razorgate-Vade-Verdict: clean 50

X-Owm-Spf-Mailfrom: Pass

X-Razorgate-Vade-Classification: transactional-alerts

X-Owm-Dmarc: spf 100 dkim 100

<6148000606.982292.7003273749080.JavaMail.tmon@border4.tmonc.net>

X-Sncr-Vadesecure: CLEAN

X-Sncr-Rigid: 63D1ED9A0E014B7E

Received-Spf: pass (sa-prd-rgin-016.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net: domain othereign.store designates 212.129.0.119 as permitted sender) identity=helo; receiver=sa-prd-rgin-016.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net; client-ip=212.129.0.119; helo=othereign.store;

Received-Spf: pass (sa-prd-rgin-016.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net: domain othereign.store designates 212.129.0.119 as permitted sender) identity=mailfrom; receiver=sa-prd-rgin-016.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net; client-ip=212.129.0.119; envelope-from=abuse@othereign.store; helo=othereign.store;

X-Owm-Spf: 0

Content-Type: multipart/mixed;  boundary="----=_Part_594567_264108520.2453877302660"

Received: from sa-prd-rgin-016.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net ([10.2.38.24]) by sa-prd-fep-020.mx.internal with ESMTP id <20230430102430.JIML31388.sa-prd-fep-020.mx.internal@sa-prd-rgin-016.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net> for <********@btinternet.com>; Sun, 30 Apr 2023 11:24:30 +0100

Received: from othereign.store (212.129.0.119) by sa-prd-rgin-016.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net (5.8.814) id 63D1ED9A0E014B7E for @*******@btinternet.com; Sun, 30 Apr 2023 11:24:30 +0100

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Do you agree that this is a spoof email?

Go to solution

Hi @BoaterDave   Publishing your email address on a public forum for all the world scammers to see is not a good idea!

Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hello 🙂

The moderators took care of that aspect of matters!

Might there be SOMEONE reading on this forum who will know the answer to my question?

D.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Do you have any subscription that are due!

The return address is an instagram address so it has nothing to do with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

As I understand matters, BT pays for my subscription to Norton! 😅

See:-  https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-4.0/8.8.4.77/solutions/v100803770?

It sounds as if you agree that my 'renewal' prompt was not from BT!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Unless I have missed it there is no mention of Norton in what you have posted in fact you have not posted anything as regards what the email was regarding.

I have already stated that it has nothing to do with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

There was a screenshot in the original post that was deleted by the mods as it contained personal information.

If I remember correctly, it was regarding McAfee.

In which case it has nothing to do with BT as BT no longer use McAfee as a partner.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

My original post included a screenshot which started out with ......

BoaterDave_0-1682868269782.png

MY virus protection is provided by Norton, free of charge (paid for by BT).

I'm a little surprised that nobody here actually answered my question!!!

No matter.

Dave

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

As only 3 people had viewed your original post before I quarantined it, nobody else knew the content as you didn't repost an edited version.

Neither (in the absence of a working crystal ball) did anybody know the provider of your anti virus. Just because BT offer free anti virus it doesn't mean everyone takes up the offer, I certainly don't.

Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

YOU knew that the (spoof) email referred to McAfee - so you could have simply agreed that it was SPAM and should have been treated as such! Norton has been BT's selected AV provider for quite some time now.

As you've advised that you do not use BT's free service, what AV software do YOU use to protect your computer(s)?

0 Ratings