cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

E-mail,account hacked

Go to solution

Someone hacked into my BT e-mail account and changed the settings so all e-mails went to a fake Gmail account set up to look like it was mine. It was about a week before i realised this. is there a way to retrieve the e-mails that were forwarded on. Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: E-mail,account hacked

Go to solution

Hi @Bish, that's not good, I trust you've deleted all the rules and set up a really secure password? If you log in to www.bt.com/email and the emails are not in your inbox or sent folder the hacker has likely deleted them from the server which unfortunately can't be recovered.

Neil

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

If the email that have been forwarded are not still in your Inbox or your Trash folder it means that they have been deleted from the BT servers and they can not be recovered.

BT do not have access to gmail so they could not get them from there.

Presumably you have changed your password and checked in your MyBT that your security details and recovery email address and phone number have not been changed. In any event you should change them.

You should also notify your contacts and your bank etc as the hacker could use those details to your detriment.

See link

Email security | BT Help

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, that's what i was afraid of. I have changed my setting back to how they were, changed my password and done a system scan. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I had mine hacked too a few days ago. Make sure you change your security question too as I'd forgotten about that and couldn't figure out how they were still getting in.

0 Ratings