cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Email Folders Not Loading

Dear BT Community,

I don't know if anybody can help me with this problem which I believe has been raised previously.

I've spent the whole morning trying to get my BT email service to load up. I can log in without any problems and the message pane eventually loads up, but the Folders do not.

The circulating arrow  with the the word "Loading" keeps turning for a long time in the Folder Pane and then the error message "Sorry this request could not be completed" appears in the message pane.

After repeated attempts, the Folders do appear and I can send and receive emails, but this morning no such luck. Ive been trying for the last two hours.

I have many Folders created and  in use as I need to keep a lot of the messages I receive. Could this be the problem, too many holders? 

I am using a Mac laptop with a wireless connection, I'm on a HALO 3 FTTP broadband connection.

I'm stuffed if I can't get a decent connection to my email service, particularly at the moment as I'm organising a Rotary Club Young Musician Competition which is meant to take place on Friday.

Any help or suggestions as to how I can cure this problem would be most gratefully received

Thank you for your kind attention

Many Thanks

Peter Kemp

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Email Folders Not Loading

Hi @psgk and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having problems with your email folders. The first step would be to try deleting cookies and cache so can you try that and let me know if it helps?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Thank you David for your very speedy and helpful reply.

I've found the cookies and cache listed in "Privacy" on my laptop. There are three listed

bt.co.uk

bt.com

bt.loader.com

Shall I delete all three or only one or two of those listed?

I appreciate your help

Very Best Wishes

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi @psgk ,

Thanks for getting back. I would delete all cookies and cache, just in case.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Thank you David,

I will do that.

I have just tried to load my email service again, and would you believe it, the Folders have now loaded!

Clearing cookies and the cache may, I hope allow the application to load quickly without stalling.

Thank you again for your helpful advice.

With Very Best Wishes,

Peter 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Thanks for getting back @psgk .

Let me know if it happens again.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hello again David,

I cleared all three cookies and cache entries for bt in the Privacy Folder on my Mac, but I'm afraid it  still took many repeated attempts to log in before I could get my Folders to load.

I think it must be something to do with the number of Folders I have created and am using. In trying to load them, the service seems to time out and produce the error message.

Everything loads up quickly when I log into my two other BT email accounts. These only have a couple of Folders each and neither account is used very much now.

Other than delete numerous Folders which would cause me considerable problems I am at a loss of any other options.

Are there any other possible solutions that might help?

With Very Best Wishes

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Thank again @psgk 

How many folders are there? 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Hello David,

There must probably at least a couple of hundred by now. I have created Folders for most of my day to day activities for example with my Rotary Club, other organisations I belong to, my work with Chelmsford Cathedral as well as keeping records of all of my bills and purchases.

I think I must have overloaded the BT Server. When I was using Outlook Express  I chose the option to keep a copy of any email on the server and although when I started to use BT webmail, I tried to go back and delete the older one's  I didn't make much impact. I think there are something like 200,000 email being stored.

I hope this information helps

With Very Best Wishes

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Thanks again @psgk 

I think the volume of folders, emails etc might be the cause of the slow start up (like an old diesel engine on a cold morning). Is there any way you could thin things out?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings