cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Email Hacked

My elderly Dad's email has been hacked and he's now unable to access the account. The account is now sending out emails to contacts which he hasn't sent.

When trying to access the account, it seems that the contact number and security answer has changed.

Please help!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email Hacked

@nixy 

You should call  BT on 0330 1234 150.

This is a customer-to-customer help forum and it's unlikely that anyone can help with hacked accounts. 

I hope BT technical team can help you so I wish you good luck. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

If his email account has been hacked I would suggest that if he uses any financial online sites such as banking or sites that he takes payments he should contact them and advise them of the hack.

He should also advise his contacts that he has been hacked and to treat any emails purporting to be from his email address with caution.

His contacts email addresses are now with the hacker and can not be unstolen so he may want to consider no longer using that email address so that he can say for sure to his contacts that any emails from that address are not being sent from him.

See link for further advice.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/email-security/how-can-i-tell-if-my-email-account-is-no-longer-secure

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @nixy it's important this is looked at quickly so the email account can be secured. I'd recommend calling or messaging the technical support team on this link Fix email | BT Help

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings