cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Email Rules - can anyone tell me how they are supposed to work

Linkedin leaked my email address and as a result I get at least 10 junk emails mentionning my last company everyday.

However try as I may I cannot seem to get a rule to work so that these rmessage automatically go into spam.  I have tried both subject and body contains/matches/begins with but none of them work.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.  It is so frustrating.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Email Rules - can anyone tell me how they are supposed to work

Hi @joannasa 

Welcome to the EE Community

Can you have a look at Using BT Anti Spam Filter to check rules have been set up correctly? 

Ali

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

I have found that the Email rules can be a bit hit and miss.  For example, I find that when it comes to blocking domains (e.g. discarding all emails ending with jp.net), I find that the 'ends with' option just doesn't work, but 'contains' does!

Message 4 of 10

Thanks, I am finding the rules very much hit and miss too.  I've gone through my rules and changed a view where I've used matches/start with to contain.  Fingers crossed I'll get somewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Unfortuantely they don't seem to be working again.  I have some rules set up as contain a certain word and they still come through on inbox.  

Also none of the rules work is I try to move an email from someone.  

Can BT give some valid fixes please?  I also don't understand why they removed the rule several years ago where if you marked something as spam, future emails from this person would continue going in spam.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Unfortunately the rules are very generic and none seem to work. Can you be clearer please. For example if I use matches or begins with they don't seem to work. Contain doesn't really seem to work either.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Also a test I set up yesterday using the contain field worked but it isn't working today. Out of all the rules I've set up only about 3 seem to work. Could someone look into this please - I'm getting so much junk it's unbelievable.
Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hey again @joannasa.

I'm disappointed to hear these rules aren't working as you'd expect. 

Have you managed to check over all of the details @Ali_A shared the other day, as there are a few other options available including blocking senders.

Provided everything is set up correctly, I'd recommend reaching out to our email support team who can make sure everything is working as it should be.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Yes, I've checked the details. The only rule I can get to work is if the
contains "word" for subject. This does not work for contains "word" for body or any contain from email addresses. Can you let me know the email support team's email address? I have gone to the link you provided and it doesn't seem to offer one.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for getting back to us @joannasa

If you call our customer care team they will be able to get you to the relevant team who can investigate this further. 

Chris

0 Ratings