cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Email Server Blocked by Microsoft

For months now I've been struggling to fix emails I send from my Outlook 2013 client via BT braodband being dropped. I have tried calling the email technical helpdesk, but that only covers login issues.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* xxx@hotmail.co.uk

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "GRC Winter Solstice - Runners Communique"] to xxx@hotmail.co.uk . MTA p3plwbeout12-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 104.47.18.97 -  550 , 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [173.201.192.58] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [AM6EUR05FT022.eop-eur05.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Same with @xxx@outlook.com 

I have raised tickets with Microsoft
"Microsoft Ticket Feedback

We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table contains the results of our investigation.

Not qualified for mitigation

Our investigation has determined that the above IP(s) do not qualify for mitigation. These IP(s) have previously received mitigations from deliverability support, and have failed to maintain patterns within our guidelines, so they are ineligible for additional mitigation at this time.

I have talked to the GoDaddy tech support who say they do not understand why we would be on their infrastructure and connot see any traffic from me.

Went back to 123-reg and got this..

The issue is that the IPs used to login and send emails have been blacklisted:

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3A86.181.31.187&run=toolpage

Delisting is usually done automatically within 24-48 hours. I`m afraid we cannot help with that since we do not manage these IPs, but your internet service provider can help.

This has been going on for months and I have no idea who to contact or how to resolve. Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Email Server Blocked by Microsoft

Hi @Gordon7, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

Are these emails you are sending from your @btinternet email address? If so are you able to send them ok via webmail?

Surprised this has been happening for so long but have you tried disconnecting your router for around 10 minutes. On reconnecting again you would be allocated a different IP address.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I'll get back to you, just asking a couple of our senior network architects for some help/guidance on the issue. I'm a technical project manager so my technical knowledge is no where near theirs. Will update hopefully tomorrow.

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Are these emails you are sending from your @btinternet email address? If so are you able to send them ok via webmail?
No, BT Broadband using an outlook client and a domain registered with 123-reg. Have tried their webmail and run into problems with GoDaddy.com not delivering emails.

Surprised this has been happening for so long but have you tried disconnecting your router for around 10 minutes. On reconnecting again you would be allocated a different IP address.
It's a nightmare, I think at least 50% of our emails are dropped/blocked. I send a max of 200 per hour and 500 per day a few times a year. Yes the router has rebooted a number of times and even installed a new BT supplied router recently.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@Gordon7 both the IP's included in your post 72.167.218.88 & 173.201.192.58 belong to GoDaddy.com, LLC.

173.201.192.58 is blacklisted on the mxtoolbox spam checker and is the likely reason why you're having difficulty sending emails. I'm sorry this is not something that BT will be able to help you with as we can't request for other providers IP addresses to be removed from blacklists. I would suggest that you raise this with GoDaddy.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Hi Neil,

yea been in contact with GoDaddy.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi, @Gordon7 They should be able to put through a request to get the IP address removed from the spam blacklist.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

The thing that slightly bugs me is I have a lot of very technical people working on the projects I manage, CCIE's etc and I suck up info from them when I can, heaven knows how joe blogg would try and sort this out.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@Gordon7 I can appreciate that, I've googled it and GoDaddy owns 123 Reg so they are likely using the same core network and IP addresses.

This is something 123 Reg should be providing you support with as it's not a problem with a BT owned IP address.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Thank you.

I have emailed them and will be calling in the morning...

0 Ratings