cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Email font and design changed

Go to solution

Hello - for some reason my wife's email account has changed. Mine has stayed the same. Her account has a different font and also against the senders name is a box with a letter and colour. Does anyone know if BT are changing the way emails are displayed? Is there a way to change it back?

I do not know how to attach a screen shot to show what I mean.

Keith P

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Email font and design changed

Go to solution

I guess you haven't read the hundreds of posts on the forum complaining about the ' upgraded'  BT mail.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Yes the BTMail has changed. They are changing it in batches so any that have not been changed yet will be changed sometime soon and you will not be able to change back.

See link.

BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help

There is a BTMail  Feedback thread here

BT Webmail Feedback - BT Community

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Nope.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks. I don't know if our query is covered - it was just the changes in font, etc, but as its changed its done. Anyhow thanks for taking the time to reply.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Your query is covered in feedback thread.

You can not change the default font but if you are composing an email in Rich Text you can change the font on an email by email basis but it will not save the font for the next email you want to compose.

You can turn off the "coloured" squares by going into the settings found by clicking on your username at the top right then click on settings then Mail in the left hand column then untick the box "show avatar in the message list".

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks. Had no idea it was an avatar!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I have turned off the childish colours. It is totally wrong that "someone" has changed the font size to miniscule. It should be up to the customer to decide what font they wish to use! 

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Here's an idea, don't use webmail where you are at the mercy of the web designer, use a mail client (app) which you can configure to your personal requirements. There are many free ones available, Thunderbird being the most popular.

0 Ratings