cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Email login loop

Go to solution

Hi There,

I'm stuck in the dreaded login loop when trying to access webmail (and my password is being knocked back by my Outlook client).

I go to the webmail sign in page and use the same username/password i use to log in the main BT page and just get redirected back to the login page.

https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...

Can someone please assist (not much traction from BT support)? Have tried a different browser, machine, clearing cookies in existing, etc.

Thanks in adv.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Email login loop

Go to solution

Hi @AllyG47 and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having problems logging on to your email. Do you see this on all devices?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks. Tried on another device - no luck
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for trying that @AllyG47 

Have you tried the forgotten password route?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi David,

Son of AllyG here!

Yes, we've reset the password multiple times - the problem appears to have started after someone had brute forced their way into his account and sent out multiple "scam" emails, and we were advised to reset the password and enable 2FA. 

He's not been able to log into email since then, but can login to the main BT site with the same credentials. I have tried logging in on my own device (separate ISP) and get the same.

I can supply a .har file that show login success followed by redirection to the logout endpoint, if needed.

Cheers

Thomas

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks @tomg47 

@AllyG47 I'll take a closer look at this for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
It did not work.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

What didn't work?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know this is sorted @AllyG47 . I'm glad I was able to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings