cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Email on iPhone

Hi,I use BT Premium email.

My own btinternet email is set up on my iPhone.my wife's email is one of the other email addresses allowed on the account

I cannot set up my wife's btinternet email address on with her iPhone or my iPhone

when setting up, get the message

The mail server "mail.btinternet.com" is not responding. Verify the you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings ( I have)

Click OK

Then message

Cannot Connect Using SSL,Do you want veto try setting up the account without SSL

YES-Back to first message

NO-Back to first message

Tried the entire process both using wi-fi and then 5G

Makes no difference

Had no trouble setting it all up on a windows laptop

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email on iPhone

Check on your MyBT or your wife's MyBT if you have "gifted" it to her that the email account is showing as being a Premium or Standard email account and not a Basic account. To do that once logged on to MyBT go to Your Products then Email, Manage.

If the email account is Premium or Standard and it is working using webmail (on a web browser) and on another device there is obviously nothing wrong with the email account.

I would suggest that you delete the email account from the email app on the iPhone and then restart the phone.

Also remove it from your phone for the time being.

Once her iPhone has restarted try setting up the email account manually by selecting "Other"

When entering the settings, make sure that in the Outgoing server you do not use the "use same as incoming" for the email address and password. Enter them manually. Ensure that you are using the correct settings as per this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email on iPhone

Thank you
My wife's email comes up as one of the eleven I am "allowed" with BT premium mail.

Tried as you have suggested on both phones , its still not working on either phone
0 Ratings