cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Email settings

Hi.

For the past 10 days I've been unable to access my email through the bt.com website. I type in my BT ID and email address and keep looping round being told I need two-step authentication but with no way to set it up. I've contacted BT help chats four times and they can't solve it. My email is working fine on all my devices, I just want to access it through bt.com to change my settings. My BTID and email user names are the same. I've tried changing passwords but it makes no difference and I've also cleared my cache and browser history.

Any help gratefully received! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email settings

Try logging on with the direct link

BT Mail 

If that does not work try logging onto your MyBT and going to "Your Products" the "Email,Manage" and if your email address is your "favourite" see if you can access your email account from there.

See link about setting up Two step authentication.

Two-step authentication | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks.

If I log in through BT mail I just get the message to set up two-step authentication by logging in with BT ID. When I log in via BT ID I face the same problem of being unable to access my email account.

If I go to my products and manage, then it says I'm using two of the eleven email addresses. It says none are active. My email address is listed under the one given to family and friends and it says it is active, but I can't make it my favourite and the only option given to me is to remove it. 

The email address linked to my BT account number is my daughter's for some reason, but she never uses it. It says it is protected. 

I've set up two-step authentication now and it hasn't helped.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

It sounds as though the wrong email address was gifted and BTID associated with the wrong email address. 

I will ask if one of the mods can assist as it will not be possible to untangle without BT input.

They will post an invitation to contact them on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks very much.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Claire112,

Thank you for posting. I agree with @licquorice and it sounds like the wrong email has been gifted. If you send me your details, I'll be able to check this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings